Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone want a "New" 1991 Camaro?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaneat-91RS

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Anyone want a "New" 1991 Camaro? Reply with quote

Hey guys--I'm sorta back from the dead. I'm still jobless, but have gotten married and moved since last I was on here. Anywho, I thought you all might find this interesting. Found at Art Gamblin Motors:

http://www.gamblinmotors.com/VehicleDetails/481427993

If I had ANY money, I'd be sooo tempted. ITs exactly what I want--hard top z28. But alas no deal for me. Hope everybody's doing well. Can't wait to see your projects finished Ian and Al. Very Happy

Justin

Justin
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to drive a B4C a few years ago with only 5k on it.

I think were going to start seeing more of this stuff pop up between age of car, and crappy economy.

20ft Longhorn Car Hauler
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the sticker price was $16000 new! I could build one helluva car for $16000! Rolling Eyes
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Funny enough I was looking through OLD ads at work today that were from '91. There was a '91 Camaro for sale at ~$12k v8tbi/5speed. Crazy.

Gamblin is the guy that also has a TTA in the showroom with I think it was 1400miles?

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
85 T/A WS6

1985 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he had a Frestival TTA at the old Buckley location.

The Z-28 is at the truck showroom now, with "dont touch" signs on it lol. Its in great shape, but the back hatch wasnt closed, I think it has a broken auto closer?

At the other showroom is a new 2010 Vette GS in all black, what a ride that is!

Its mostly a regular with Z06 apperarance items, 26 mpg hwy lol

1985 Trans Am Recaro Option (AS5)
67,000 miles 5.0 TPI Hi Flow MAF
TPI Airfoil w/Bypass Flowmaster WS6 (.92g)
3:27 Borg Warner Posi K&N Filtration
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad's '94 Camaro (the one I bought from him 4 years later) cost $16k brand new right off the showroom floor. I remember going out to his garage and just sitting there looking at that car for hours knowing that one day it would be mine! Very Happy
Vaneat-91RS

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

85 T/A WS6 wrote:
Yes, he had a Frestival TTA at the old Buckley location.

At the other showroom is a new 2010 Vette GS in all black, what a ride that is!

Its mostly a regular with Z06 apperarance items, 26 mpg hwy lol

well, sorta. The GS has a wider stance and larger tires, generates more grip, etc. It has the same frame as the Z06, but it is steel instead of aluminum (and its different than the standard vette--part of what gives it the wider stance). I believe it actually generates slightly more horsepower too, though I'd have to verify that. But in general you are correct. They also did away with the z51 suspension in favor of another--supposedly better--version (this "car" replaces that suspension).

Just checked and it remains the base engine. So better grip and stopping but no more "go." I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the different side grill treatment, but I know some who really like it. Several Z06 owners are griping because their cars are now less distinguishable. Its kinda funny to read the blogs they are posting on.

Justin
Vaneat-91RS

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSFreak wrote:
I doubt the sticker price was $16000 new! I could build one helluva car for $16000! Rolling Eyes

True enough. I think this would be more of a car for a purist who wasn't interested in modding it. And the interior is just about spot perfect from the pictures (all that air brushing to hide the wrinkles, lol). I just thought it was kinda fun to see.

On the same lines, a couple years ago there was a red Z in Lynnwood, I think, that was similar miles for $20K+ though I forget the exact price. But it had the dreaded red interior. Very Happy

Justin
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaneat-91RS wrote:
well, sorta. The GS has a wider stance and larger tires, generates more grip, etc. It has the same frame as the Z06, but it is steel instead of aluminum (and its different than the standard vette--part of what gives it the wider stance). I believe it actually generates slightly more horsepower too, though I'd have to verify that. But in general you are correct. They also did away with the z51 suspension in favor of another--supposedly better--version (this "car" replaces that suspension).

Just checked and it remains the base engine. So better grip and stopping but no more "go." I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the different side grill treatment, but I know some who really like it. Several Z06 owners are griping because their cars are now less distinguishable. Its kinda funny to read the blogs they are posting on.

The GS just wears wider shoes than the base vette, along with fenders (same size as the z06). I'd presume mostly to fit the Z06 sized calipers. I doubt the frame itself is any wider. The manual trans versions also get the drysump oiling as well.
85 T/A WS6

1985 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more notes, The brakes are same size discs as the Z06, but not the exact same brakes. There is no specific vin, like the 96 GS, to separate from the std vette.

The 2010 GS platform will be the std vette for 2011.

The price of the Z-28 is down to 12k. Its better in person, the pics dont do it justice

My family has bought 5 cars from that dealer (2 for the kids) so if you want it I can get you a good price Very Happy
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

85 T/A WS6 wrote:
A few more notes, The brakes are same size discs as the Z06, but not the exact same brakes. There is no specific vin, like the 96 GS, to separate from the std vette.

The brakes aren't the same because they're powdercoated silver instead of red. The rotors and calipers have the same casting and are otherwise identical.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: