Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A post on TGO = Flamers ta boot!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: A post on TGO = Flamers ta boot! Reply with quote

I swear all they are all women. Like vultures they sense prey and jump on the bandwagon to alienate the poster.

So yeah, I've had enough.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266651
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breath Deep.

Then give 'em hell!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.. I very very rarily go to TGO anymore. I will shoot the shizzle at 3GO and NE3G just because I am generally not concerned about pissing anyone off there.(Sorry Kage Very Happy )

But you guy's I hold highly and between all of you, there is enough technical knowledge to help me with any problem

So :middlefinger: to all those TGO guys, and congrats on posting a good rebuttle to those... asshats.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there are a LOT of assholes on TGO. However, If you post such a defensive responce, they will all jump on the band wagon and flame you. Personally, I give thanks to the positive input's and ignore the negatrons by either two things. One, say nothing towards them OR tell the postive inputs Thanks for the positive feedback and hte help! Usually, that keeps teh negatron's quiet. If you retaliate, you risk getting flamed by everyone, not just the arseholes Surprised
Wolffy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stopped cruising TGO like 2-3 years ago, got tired of all the know it all assholes, that jump down your throat the first 3 seconds u are there for any reason.

they all say do a search, well after doing a search & reading thru worthless banter for days on end trying to find a small piece of info, i usually ask & it seems like everytime quite a few of them would be ready to pounce with their standard response of do a search you idiot

so i said so long losers

good going on the backup there dewey !!!
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.chevelles.com/forum/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/22980.html

Look how much better that post is going on Team Chevelle instead of TGO. Much better. Actual useful advice, and from people who actually know what theyre doing! No flaming, just check this or that.

I still think if you want to build a motor get advice on TC. If you want to learn to burn chips go to TGO, or Chevytalk. TC isnt that big on the tech thing, though there are people there who know. But theyre huge into making power, and gettin things to hold together.
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGO is an excellent site for tech info. Other than that, you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Wink
Mangus

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*asbestos suit enabled*

I gotta step in here and say that what they're posting isn't unreasonable. There are quite a number of people running the comps without issue. It makes more sense to rule out error on the installer/users part before blaming the company.

Would you immediately look for a Zebra when you see hoof prints? Or would you rule out a horse first?

If, after ruling that out, the problem appears to be with Comp (with reasonable evidence), then fire away at 'em, man! In fact, in that situation, I'm relatively certain that Comp would, uh, Comp(ensate) you.

Your rant a few posts down in the thread, to someone like me who isn't aware of the "history" behind the flames or your feelings, looks quite unjustified.

Its the Internet, man. I defy you to find message boards anywhere without its share of healthy argument, opinion, and discussion.

That said, the folks here (and in my little DIY-PROM world at TGO) are great.
Mangus

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
http://www.chevelles.com/forum/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/22980.html

Look how much better that post is going on Team Chevelle instead of TGO. Much better. Actual useful advice, and from people who actually know what theyre doing! No flaming, just check this or that.

I still think if you want to build a motor get advice on TC. If you want to learn to burn chips go to TGO, or Chevytalk. TC isnt that big on the tech thing, though there are people there who know. But theyre huge into making power, and gettin things to hold together.

Look at the first reply. Compare it to the first reply at TGO. Also, note the differences in attitude in the original post.

And we shouldn't ignore the difference in forums between the two boards. One was posted in aftermarket product reviews, the other in a bona fide tech section.

Seems logical that the second (chevelle) posting would fair better.

BTW - Twilight - if you get full rollers, let me know how you like them.
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangus wrote:

And we shouldn't ignore the difference in forums between the two boards. One was posted in aftermarket product reviews, the other in a bona fide tech section.

Seems logical that the second (chevelle) posting would fair better.

Yeah, the Tech / General Engine forum probably would have been a better place to post assuming that you wanted a responce. Since you posted in the Aftermarket Product Review forum you probably didn't expect a responce.

Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reguardless, I don't know how much you guys tend to surf TGO, but I had seen it day in day out where someone posts and it's either USE THE SEARCH!!!! or It's alienating the person. My rant was just, in the fact that I posted my findings and didn't specifically state that it was comps fault 100%. The idea of the post was to spark others whom may have seen or had the same problems.

And, typically, each time I post on there, I get flamed.... and I was tired of it. Period.

Edit: TC post " Talking to a good friend of mine, it's possible I might be shooting oil OVER the rocker... but then again, these rockers have 5000 miles on them, and it's not good. Doubt comp will even discount a new set or set of full rollers."

TGO post " These have 5000miles on them. Not good. Either bad parts, or I'm shooting oil OVER a select few of them.... Doubt comp will do anything about it either."

Tell me how that is trivaly different?
Glenn91L98GTA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen that on an "unabused" engine before. I say that, because how it "died" would not be abuse in my opinion. And "pivot ball" technology is usually pretty foolproof (excluding under/over tightening the lash).

The one thing I have really noticed lately, is a LOT of people having problems with Comp Cams parts. And, yes, it does seem a lot of people on TGO, seem to want to blame it on "operator error", instead of Comp Cams.

There is a post somewhere where a guy had a solid roller cam from Comp Cams and had his lobes wiped after a couple thousand miles. Every body jumped on him saying he had to so something wrong - but as the guy said "What can I do wrong? There IS NOT BREAK IN on a solid roller cam (in fact you SHOULDN'T use moly lube as it may clog the oil passages). The rollers, push rods and springs were all Comp Cams and the required specs. So how could it be operator error? (But they all defended Comp Cams and blamed him).

The only mistake the guy made (and he admits it), is that he DIDN'T buy a "billet" cam, just cast and that he regrets. Funny thing, my buddy just went to buy a solid roller cam from Comp Cams, and guess what they only sell now? You guess, billet only - no more cast solid cams.

The problem is, EVEN if Comp Cams cover their parts, it does nothing for the other parts that got destroyed as well as the time/labor.

BTW, the cam I plan to swap to this winter is Crane.
Glenn91L98GTA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot, I've never seen anyone discuss this before, but most guys with lift in the area you are using tend to use full roller rockers. I seldom see people with that amount of lift use "pivot ball" type rockers.

I'm just wondering if there may be a limit to the amount of lift "pivot ball" type rockers can tolerate. That amount of lift would generate a fair amount of heat with a "pivot ball" type rocker. I realize that lift is with 1.6 rockers, but it still is a fair amount just from the cam.

Just throwing out a thought to consider. (i.e. Pivot ball okay for low/mild lift, rr for high lift).
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just comfortable in the knowledge that we have enough people here and on TC to the point where I don't have to go to TGO if I have a problem...

numerous people here and on TC have been a great amount of help and they're not near the severity of nazism that TGO has become.

ede in particular... however, since he kisses Dirk's ass and donates quite a bit (and is Dirk's good friend to boot), he has a fairly large amount of room to be a dick on that site.

using the search function is pretty worthless on that site unless you know a string of words in particular, because 90% of the shizzle on that site is just look for it in search anyway and you don't find anything (and a lot of what you do find has either been proven wrong in the long run or has been corrected by a company at some point and isn't the problem you're looking to correct)

Soon to be less than stock
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: