Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome Glenn91L98GTA !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Welcome Glenn91L98GTA ! Reply with quote

Hey Glenn,
Welcome to the crew. How about a little info on yourself and your car (pics if you have them) for those of us that might not know you from TGO. Glad to have you here!

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would burn your own chips. You would know Glenn :-p Pokey pokey

ohhh,

BTW, I said it once. But welcome Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alloy
T56 Elitist

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,

We have talked before but lost touch. Nice to see you here.

And yes Dewey, if we all burned my own chips we wouldn't need you would we Pokey pokey
Glenn91L98GTA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks guys. A few do know me, but lots probably don't. I have been missing from TGO for the last little while due to health reasons. I prefer not to go into that at this time...that is my own challenge in life.

Age - Old as dirt, in fact I remember when it was invented.
Car - 1991 GTA (over 200,000 miles and doing some extra work this winter)
Current mods - Miniram with ported Aluminum L98 heads. Stepping up the cam again, going to a Crane 222/230 @ .050 this time. I don't want to get too pigish on a 200,000+ mile motor.

Winter Projects - Helping a buddy (Keith) tune his 383 Miniram AFR 195 Competion Ported engine. He's going solid roller (248/252 @ .050 with 110* LSA). We are going to make it run on MAF first and then MAYBE swap to SD - to finaly compare.

And yes, if anyone comes to Kamloops, I'lll be happy to tweak their prom. Keith and I went 'halfers' on the Innovative LM-1 WB 02 so we can get the AF ratio dialed in (as long as a person get the proper bung from Innovative and weld it into your exhaust)...it's the ONLY way to tune an engine! I'm more than happy to share "tuning tips" with anyone who wants to know. I don't tell everything on TGO.

And hi to Dewey and Dan...yes we did loose touch. I had to change my e-mail due to "spammers" at TGO and only recently "re-listed" it (with anti-spam bot info embedded in the e-mail...but not here at this time).
FastElectrics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Glenn, good to see you here.. it's been a while since we chatted..
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Glenn. There are others here that are almost as old as dirt and have the hair to prove it (or not Wink).

I will be interested in your tuning of the AFR 383. I have had issue after issue with mine but I finally picked up an LM-1 myself. It is so nice to see what is actually going on. We had tuned the car for our annual dyno gathering last year based on NB feedback and ended up > 10:1 AFR on the dyno Shocked . Another member here was having issues and finally went with the Holley Commander. Keep us posted if you will.

Thanks for the info on the car - sounds like a nice GTA. We need more birdies here Cool

-Schultzy

P.S. What color is your GTA?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glenn91L98GTA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks Shultzy. The GTA is black. It's a great "20 foot car". It's a great war horse that served me well in the "good times & bad times" since the day I bought it off the showroom floor back in 1991.

But, she now is in "the pasture" and she will only see "pleasure duty" for now. With the super high mileage, I don't dare try and coax any more ponies out of her. Still doesn't burn any oil whatsoever...but she is starting to "dribble a little".

Unfortunately, other priorities stop me from dumping more cash into her at this time. I have things I want to do to our new house (like make a third BIG BAY garage/workshop) where I can pull the motor and disassemble/reassemble her. Also, I would like to take "body shop" coarses and learn how to do some body work. I will practice on the "winter beater' first before I do anything to the 'Bird.

But the biggest hurdle is working on my health. If I and the doctors can't figure out how I can "get more engergy", I probably am not going to be able to work much longer. And while I am old, I am not old enough to qualify for even early retirement. I need to hang in there for another 10 years before I qualify.

If you want to discuss tuning issues with your car, let's chat in the "Garage". Do you have a Romulator? Keith and I are "partners" on a Romulator and the LM-1. Keith lives in Ferndale and it's my turn to visit him (and pick up those "good 'ol made in the USA parts"), maybe we can tag up and see if we can help out.

A Romulator and WB makes tuning such a snap, it's almost sinful.
alloy
T56 Elitist

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

Can you explain more about the Romulator and WB for me? I basically decided doing chip tuning by myself would never work, and put my focus on something else I knew I could do. And so was born the Pro Series 13" Wilwood front brake kit, and new design billet strut mounts.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I love the PNW. Some guys know how to tune, some guys know how to turn, and some know how to stop. We all get togeher all our cars with haul ass.

Welcome glenn!

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Mangus

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romulator? You mean Ostrich. Or AutoProm. Don't you?!

=)

www.moates.net

Welcome, Glenn.

Mark

'89 TA - T5WC, 3.08 posi, 350 TPI (swap), ZZ4 cam, Pro Topline heads, headers, blah, blah, yadda, yadda.
Glenn91L98GTA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangus wrote:
Romulator? You mean Ostrich. Or AutoProm. Don't you?!

=)

www.moates.net

Welcome, Glenn.

Mark

Thanks Mangus.

I actually use a Romulator, TunerCat and Diacom. I bought these before there were others. I would like to dump the Diacom (I've had that since the 90s and close to 10 years) as it only works in "pure DOS Mode" so I need older notebooks with nothing more modern than W98.

I currently have two old notebooks that I use these on, but when they die (and they will), I just hate some of the outrageous prices guys are asking for these old notebooks. It seems somebody has put out the word that these old notebooks can be used for "other things" and people are asking far more for them than they are worth...and they usually have dead battery that won't even hold a charge and you can't buy a battery (or anything else) for them from the original manufacturer.

I would like to look at a Windows based scan tool that will work on newer notebooks with XP. It's just that I made so many Excel Spreadsheets the utilize the output files from the Diacom that assist me in analyzing and diagnosing problems. I would also like to use "one notebook" for all functions. I currently have to use one notebook for Diacom and the other notebook for the Romulator. I really would like to use the same notebook for editing the eprom and for the scan tool at the same time.

It's just that I hate "reinventing the wheel" and having to redo all the "tuning aides" I've developed in Excel over the years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: