Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOH! I bought a car...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: DOH! I bought a car... Reply with quote

Though I was looking for a third gen notchback, this thing was too cheap to pass up.
Click here to see Video

I think I still got plenty left for a notchback though, as I only paid $300. But this is where it gets complicated, I was told "if you want another get you gotta get rid of two, or find a new place to live".

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.cool. it's not so much "3rd gen" as i would have expected. Surprised
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it has a healthy idle, for a Monza.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted to play with one of those v8 monza's. So which two cars are you getting rid of?

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schultzy89GTA wrote:
I always wanted to play with one of those v8 monza's. So which two cars are you getting rid of?

-Schultzy

I've already been planning on getting rid of the '86 VW GTI I got just before Christmas. And techinically it's already gone, I just gotta replace the clutch/brake pedal cluster then deliver it. I can't get rid of my Dakota because I owe way too much on it. I wont get rid of my Vega because it's my first car, though I should because it's such a huge project. This leaves the '76 GMC Sprint. It's been sitting in a barn in Salem since last May with a bad wristpin on #6 cylinder.
GMC:

VW:

Anybody want either one? lol Laughing

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should deffinatly loose the green one. in a barn, clearly a high priority Very Happy . what year dakota do you have? my dad used to have a 96. what a piece of garbage. it was a major lemon. he had the dodge dealerships number memorised he called em so much. we must have had that trucks value in waranty work done. rediculouse. and he bought it NEW Rolling Eyes "mopar or no car" no it's mopar=no car....it's in the shop! Laughing

i am not trying to be insulting.. i am sure yours is cool. this was a fluke thing Rolling Eyes ...... yeah right

vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a 2000. It's got just over 116,000 miles on it now with the 3.9 V6 and 5spd manual trans. It's alright to drive, but definately needs to be a V8. It'll run the 1/4-mile in 17.6 seconds. Embarassed

Charlie
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.... my jeep, uhm.. nevermind. i'm thinking 0-60. we timed my jeep charookie (4.0L HO biches!Rolling Eyes) and it did 0-60 in 12 flat. this "timed" was done with a digital sports watch and the factory speedo... so it was real acurate Laughing

EDIT=WOW! so i just got to thinking about a photoshop i did back in highschool with my jeep. originaly intended as a backround image i mad it part of a webpage i wrote for a class my freshmen year of college. we had to host the page, so i hosted it on angelfire. it's still there. but the only image that is still there is the thumbnail version (this was before i knew how to resize with HTML) so her it is... one of my first ever photoshops from waaaaayyyy back Very Happy

also, the angelfire page would have been gone ages ago if i could remember the password Rolling Eyes
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the green one has a big ass big block Yup yup

charlie,i vote,get rid of the wagon.i know its your first car and all,OR... yank all that v8 crap out of the monza,put it ALL into your wagon. plus you know you can store stuff at my house plenty of room haha

already got the ram,the big ol k30,the aurora,and the transam,the grand cherokee,the eagle,the boat,and curtis is bringing his deisel over here to park it Laughing

if ya bring the sprint over we got the garage to yank the motor out and get it rebuilt,and the "engine rebuilding shop room" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, do you charge those guys rent Shocked your sitting on atleast $30 a month. charge em all $5 a month Very Happy
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there all mine,the jeep,eagle,and boat are my parents,rest is all my shizzle,oh the campers here too haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

84transam383 wrote:
the green one has a big ass big block Yup yup

Yes, yes it does.

Charlie
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry, I'll say it... "boo, ford engine".

On another note, swcheeeeeet Shocked
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellmanb wrote:
"boo, ford engine".

Actually, it's a Buick 455. Ford made a 460. Smile

Charlie
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a big stable to only house 200 ponies. Get down and Boogie!
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:

Owned!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:

The engine came from a '70 Riviera and had 370hp 510ft-lbs. Smile It was good enough for 14.64@96mph at PIR almost a year ago with 2.56 gears.

Charlie
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW no BOP or Caddy is a bb regardless of displacement. It's just a buick. Still pretty cool.
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said, but Buick does have a "big" block and a "small" block.

Charlie
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they have tall deck, and short deck.. only ford, chevy, and chrysler have bb and sb designations.

In order to actually be a BB vs a sb you must have a larger bore to bore spacing then the sb version. This requires a completely different crank etc. The BOP engines only increased deck height to allow for more stroke to increase engine size. They can even use the same heads from their small motors to large unless compression gets too high. A true bb cannot use sb heads.

Last edited by chevymad on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: