Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PIR Solo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gvmv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: PIR Solo Reply with quote

Yes I know it isn't a 3rd gen, but I promise it will be in a 3rd gen at the next event.

PIR Solo Video's I have 4, it takes me a little bit to get them edited so will add them here as I finish them.

Run 1 Missed a cone during second slalom. Forgot to turn on my helmet cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPtulYyEeKU&feature=share&list=UUotyN-cNwCRxgeMOl2uFF6w

Run 2 Got the helmet cam on, YEAH! hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjQai7JsElQ&feature=share&list=UUotyN-cNwCRxgeMOl2uFF6w

Run 3 I turned off Stabiltrak and Traction control.

http://youtu.be/txIpgMcIFsI

results of class attached.

1989 Camaro Iroc-z TPI 305/A4
Among others.......................

Last edited by gvmv on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
gvmv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to post this in the youtube thread, hehe. Anyways maybe others will post up there Solo video's Razz
1989 Camaro Iroc-z TPI 305/A4
Among others.......................
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded one of my videos so far. Watch it in HD. This was my best competition run.

http://youtu.be/fazvcl0ITtk

Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyler, not sure if it is just the crappy camera sound, but it sounded like you at places could have pushed harder, I heard very little if any tire squelch during most of the run, but on the two sharp hair-pins, it sounded like you were a little heavy on the throttle getting out, and spinning up the tires. An in car view would help, but it might be a matter of a slight change of line and late apex the sharp corners and get the car straightened out more to get on it hard, or roll your speed longer and pick up the throttle a little more progressively.

Car looks good with the black wheels though.

I might have to get my rear axle sorted out and try to make an event sometime this summer. Although I am not a fan of shagging cones! But, it would be good to get the old girl dancing again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video may be a little deceiving, but these tires are very quiet. There was, in fact, almost no point during my runs where the tires weren't fighting for grip. Coming around the hairpin I was fighting understeer every time. That was the only place that I spun the tires coming out of the corner. I wish our factory posi's were better. There was no point in the runs where I was full throttle either, I've made that mistake before. I was trying to be as smooth as possible when getting on the throttle. But all very valid points. I've been working on trying to frontside the cones a little more often. Most of the course set ups at PIR are very tight.

Don't forget that I have an extra rear diff. there is visual wear on the ring gear but it never made any noise when I was running it. It's yours if you want it. If anything, you should throw it under the car just if it means that you can get to drive it while you find a more suitable rear end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need to get out and fix mine. It howls (thought it was the trans, but its rear end). I really just need to pick a time to pull it out and press new bearings on. I am pretty sure that is all it will need.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AMAXRX

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got some videos up from that event. There is also old stuff on my channel, if you want to laugh at my old pitiful tires...

http://www.youtube.com/user/amaxrx/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Just to note, I still had the 3.08's and a dead factory posi in these videos. Looking forward to seeing what the torsen does at the next event.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: