Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Few random things (some freebies) - 91 Z28
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hielor

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Few random things (some freebies) - 91 Z28 Reply with quote

Nothing left, garage is clear!

Last edited by Hielor on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 18 times in total
jchaussee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take lower ball joints. Can get today if you're available. 3602246682
jchaussee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also decklid
Hielor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated first post "not free" section with three '91 16" wheels.
Hielor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for double bumping, but I've added doors and the door wiring harness to the first post. Realistically, I'm never going to use them, so they might as well go to someone who will.
jchaussee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you sell just door efx. Or if anybody buys door but need older style efx ill trade you.
Hielor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to try to sell them intact for now, but I'll keep you in mind if that happens. Thanks!
jchaussee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is think about it a little more. With my stlye of efx it opens you up to
8 years worth of buyers instead of two. Or you could sell to me and then sell door for a lesser price which opens them up to more people willing to buy. Or you can sell to me, and sell doors for your price AMD make more, because moat doors are sold without efx anyways. Lots if choices
Hielor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original post updated. I'm now looking to sell my 91 Z28.
Alphius
Peanut

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad that you are selling! Are you completely firm on the price?

I see some body damage on the rear corner and the passenger door. Is that the extent of body damage?

Do you have all the interior too? What, if any of it, is missing or unusable?

Do all electronics and gauges work? Tach accurate enough or is it problematic like most are? Hatch pulldown functional? A/C still at least present, even if it's not charged?

I know it's personal preference, but I liked the look of it before the new wheels. Razz Why did you switch out? Did one wheel get damaged? What size are the new wheels and tires?

Why did you buy the lock/window/mirror harness? Is something wrong with yours or was it for the black doors? How are the hinges on the black doors?

Hielor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies in advance for the wall of text.

Alphius wrote:
That's too bad that you are selling! Are you completely firm on the price?

Yeah, I'm not stoked about selling it either, but I really just don't have the extra free time to make it into the car I want it to be, whatever that would end up being.

As for the price--I'm not completely firm, but I don't want to go too much lower. I'd like to at least get some of what I've put into it back out.

Quote:
I see some body damage on the rear corner and the passenger door. Is that the extent of body damage?

The metal "strip" behind the front ground effects is also unattached and somewhat bent, which led a rather more knowledgeable friend to theorize that it had been in a front end collision at some point, but there are no other signs of it that I've seen.

The driver's side floor pan has some rust, but as far as I've been able to tell it's all surface rust and isn't rusted through. There's also a bit on the inside of the roof, but again--just surface.

That's all I know of as far as body damage. All of the body damage predates me owning it.

Quote:
Do you have all the interior too? What, if any of it, is missing or unusable?
I don't have the carpet or headliner (they were pretty nasty anyway).

The only piece that I know for sure is missing is the rear plastic piece that covers the hatch pulldown, car didn't have one when I got it and I haven't found one in good condition. I cracked the driver side A-pillar plastic piece when I removed it, but I have a replacement that's in good shape. I also have strip moulding/insulation for the A-pillar pieces that I never got around to putting on...

All other plastic pieces are there and intact as far as I know. I have all of the installation hardware in labelled ziploc bags.

Seats, I have enough to make it a stretch limo Razz. The seats currently in the car are the original gray ones (covered by the seat covers in the pictures). I also have the original gray back seats. The upholstery is in pretty rough shape, and the back piece has had the upholstery peeled back far enough to see that the foam is good.

In addition, I have a second set of gray back seats with the upholstery in better shape.

I also have a full set of black seats (with power driver seat) with upholstery in good shape; however, the back is the split folding type while my car originally had the solid folding type (so I'm missing the center bracket to make the split folding seat a direct install).

I think that's everything...

Quote:
Do all electronics and gauges work? Tach accurate enough or is it problematic like most are?

The radio doesn't remember its settings (the yellow wire needed to do that isn't attached, apparently). Front speakers work, not sure about the rears. Overhead light doesn't turn on when the passenger door is opened, but does turn on when the driver door is opened. Right foglight doesn't work--I have the replacement bulb but never put it in. Cigarette lighter doesn't work as far as I know.

Gauges all work as far as I know. As for the tach...well, fun story. The proper fix for that is to solder in a resistor of the appropriate strength, right? Well, some "genius" previous owner attached a potentiometer instead, so you've got a little knob under the dashboard that you can use to make the tach as accurate as you want--just attach a timing light or multimeter that has an RPM readout and adjust accordingly. Laughing

Quote:
Hatch pulldown functional? A/C still at least present, even if it's not charged?

Hatch pulldown is functional and the struts are strong (I've replaced both since I've owned the car). A/C is present but hasn't worked; I was told by the PO that it just needed a recharge but I've never investigated.

Quote:
I know it's personal preference, but I liked the look of it before the new wheels. Razz Why did you switch out? Did one wheel get damaged? What size are the new wheels and tires?

Honestly? I liked it better before too. The current ones weren't "oh man, I really love these wheels"--more like "well, these suck the least of aftermarket options out there..." If they made double vein IROCs in 17" that aren't hideously chrome, I would've been all over that.

As to why I switched it out...When we took the wheels off for the front end rebuild, we discovered that one of them had a lugnut drilled off at one point, damaging the wheel (I've posted pictures before, I think). I was then informed that the two rear tires were shot. At the time, my plan was tentatively to make this something of a track day toy, and better tires had been something I'd wanted, but there aren't many options in 16" sizes.

It was a choice between getting one wheel and a set of okay-ish tires, or getting a whole new set of wheels and a set of pretty good tires for not that much more money. I went with the second option.

Wheels are Ultra Hustler BDC in 17x8
Tires are 245/45ZR -17 Sumitomo HTR Z III

Quote:
Why did you buy the lock/window/mirror harness? Is something wrong with yours or was it for the black doors? How are the hinges on the black doors?

Current doors are only power window (retrofit, not stock, AFAIK), manual mirrors/locks. The driver side mirror doesn't adjust very well or stay where you put it, and the passenger side is cracked. The window motors are also apparently on their last legs. The plan was to swap the doors and fix all of these (and the dent) at once, so I picked up the harness for the black doors thinking I only had the wires for the windows.

Since then, I've discovered what I think is the door lock relay just hanging out in the driver footwell, and it's got wires, so I may already have the full harness and not need the second one after all, but anyway.
Alphius
Peanut

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I am actually the guy who took that damaged wheel down south at dyno! Too bad we couldn't meet up at that time, if I recall you just dropped it off at my house while I was still at work or something. Very Happy

Let me think about it for a bit, I might be able to make you an offer on your car but it does sound like there are a lot of little things wrong with it. But I know you have a lot of money tied up in the trans rebuild and everything you have done. I know you would like to have it go to a fellow thirdgen guy. Wink It would be cool if you didn't have to sell it at all though.

Couple more general questions:
What desirable options does it have? 4 wheel disc, posi, anything?
Is the engine flawless? Laughing
Can you get any more detailed pictures of the poor areas you were describing like the rust and dents? You can email them to me if you want with my email button at the bottom of my post.

jchaussee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in selling set of black seats?
Hielor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't get a notification about the replies earlier, sorry for not replying sooner.

Alphius wrote:
Oh yeah, I am actually the guy who took that damaged wheel down south at dyno! Too bad we couldn't meet up at that time, if I recall you just dropped it off at my house while I was still at work or something. Very Happy

Oh right. Missed you by only a few minutes, I think. Would've stuck around and chatted, but the friend I drove up with was starving and annoyed, so we had to go.

Quote:
Let me think about it for a bit, I might be able to make you an offer on your car but it does sound like there are a lot of little things wrong with it. But I know you have a lot of money tied up in the trans rebuild and everything you have done. I know you would like to have it go to a fellow thirdgen guy. Wink It would be cool if you didn't have to sell it at all though.

Yeah, I know that most people on here would probably be able to do better for it than a random craigslister. Trans rebuild and new clutch were the biggest things, but just the parts for the front end rebuild were ~$900 and the wheels/tires were over $1000, and that's not even everything I've had done since March...

I was fixing the big issues first, leaving the little issues for later. Probably should've gone in the other direction Laughing

Like I said though, I'm open to offers.

Quote:

Couple more general questions:
What desirable options does it have? 4 wheel disc, posi, anything?

Rear brakes are drums, but it has a posi that (as far as I know) works fine.
Quote:
Is the engine flawless? Laughing
Define "flawless"? Given how much I've had replaced in there it's probably pretty close Razz. I am not aware of any issues with the engine at this time. It even passed emissions a couple weeks ago!

Quote:
Can you get any more detailed pictures of the poor areas you were describing like the rust and dents? You can email them to me if you want with my email button at the bottom of my post.

I'll get some more pictures tonight and post them.

jchaussee wrote:
Interested in selling set of black seats?
Sure, I guess I could sell them separately. I paid twilightoptics $20 for the full set back in July 2011 and they've been sitting in my garage since then, so how does $20 for the set sound?
jchaussee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great. Can you post some pics
Hielor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take pictures of them tonight with the rest of the car.
Hielor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got in late, here's the pictures I took:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fced3ygfowu6n5s/hi3A8OAHVe

First three pictures of the seats were from twilightoptics a year ago (better pictures than the ones I took later in the album). They're probably dusty from sitting in the garage for a year.

Everything else should be self-explanatory, feel free to ask questions.

The flash really makes those rust spots look worse than they do in person...if you want I can spend some time and give it a good scrub-down to show what all comes off. That's been on my "to-do list" for months and I've never gotten around to it...
Hielor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking price on the car reduced.
BluFbdy

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows the interior wiring harness? im gonna be needing the full dash, cluster and harness if youre going that route of ripping it apart figured itd be easier for me to ditch my cracked up 80's dash and avoid re pinning a bunch of wires i could just swap in the newer dash and plug my harness right on in

let me know if we can work out a deal or something

Hielor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not planning on parting it out yet (given that it's in decent running shape I think it would make more sense to sell it whole), but if it comes to that I'll keep you in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: