Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A/C delete boxes at McChord yard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: A/C delete boxes at McChord yard Reply with quote

There are two (count 'em) aircon delete cars at the McChord/Lakewood Pick-N-Pull. One is in a black 91-92 RS that's super-base (has rare yellow HVAC control as well) and one is in an older white car. Black RS is row 5, the other one is row 8.

That yard is super expensive now (they'd probably charge about $100 for the pair of boxes) but you could easily flip them for twice that to the idiots on TGO.

If they're still there when I go back later this week I will grab them, but I figure I'd give a heads up to the Crew.
turbo_jimi

1985 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It used to be nice when you could go to a pull a part and pull the part for a reasonable price verses paying insane amounts for someone else to pull it for you. Guess those days are coming to an end. Sad

1985 Z28 Crate 350, Hurst T-5, 3.23s, Flowmaster Under previous set-up: 143.82 rwhp 216.98 lbs. torque @4390 rpms 3/12/11
91camaro_rs

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was the 91 an automatic? i need a shifter plate in good condition, the little orange part on mine keeps sliding out of place cause its broken
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo_jimi wrote:
It used to be nice when you could go to a pull a part and pull the part for a reasonable price verses paying insane amounts for someone else to pull it for you. Guess those days are coming to an end. Sad

Pick-N-Pull's prices have gotten bad to the point that with the "environmental" fees and core charges they are near or even more than what the we-pull places charge.

A quick example: I priced out a set of rear leaves for the Mazder:

Pick-N-Pull:
Price $34.99
Core $4.99
10% environmental fee $4.00~
Tax $4.00~

So $96 for the set and I have to pull them myself and then drag my old ones ten miles back there to get a lousy ten bucks back.

Or I could go to either of the two B&R's (both of which are closer to my house) and it breaks down like this:

Price $45.99
Tax $5.00~

So $100 for the set and the hand them to me and I drive away and the old ones go to the scrap metal place for a few bucks. Assuming you spend an hour total travel time and an hour pulling you just "made" two bucks an hour buying from the U-Pull! If you turn the cores in you're up to ten an hour though. Rolling Eyes

/rant

91camaro_rs wrote:
was the 91 an automatic?

It was but some monkey had already disassembled the shifter plate. I don't know if they took the parts you need or not but I wouldn't rush down there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: