Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone have this problem?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the trans also but i dont have 1500 bucks to spend on a rebuild or a new one. overdrive is nice to have though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to not spend $$ on a trans right off the bat. Was just pointing out that you have to keep your options open and plan for the worst. Then when it's something simple, you feel much more relieved!

Was you o2 a Bosch unit? I was getting 18mpg in my Jimmy and replaced the o2 because I thought it should get better, and the o2 looked stock! Put a bosch one in and I'm lucky to get 16 now. NOTHING else changed. I hear OEM/Delco narrowband O2's are the way to go.

Sounded like an engine leak? Sounds a little vauge to me. But do as KH29 suggested, check all fittings, vacuum hoses. Use some starter fluid/carb clean to spray around possible problem areas like the intake while the engine is running. If the engine speeds up, you found your leak.

KH29, Chevymad told me about this with the MAF...... carefully use carb clean or the electronic spray cleaner... on the maf wire. Then let it dry. That cleans off ALL Contaminants.... Mind you that after 1985, the MAF setup was designed with a specific relay to BURN OFF all contaminants.

Never had a problem with my K&N. Who needs a stinking air filter anyway? Laughing
KH29ROCKS3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful using carb spray looking for vacuum leaks, with all the wiring around the manifold, potential for fire is very great, unlike the carb days! I speak from experience. Also, I know of the burn off cycle on the MAF however, the oil contamination on the sense wire in the MAF still greatly shortens the life of the maf as does using cleaner type spray on it. In my opinion, the gain of the K&N on a MAF car is not worth the stretch as MAF's are very expensive and the oil and cleaning sprays can cause it to skew and read incorrectly. But opinions are like butt holes.........everybody has one. Good luck in finding the cause of your hesitation problem. Let us know......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: