Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Crew for '05

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: The Crew for '05 Reply with quote

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holliday season. Cool at Christmas time

So time to look ahead for the new year and maybe do some early planning for the crew... We need some more big events this year and lots more pictures! Which brings me to the subject of the 05 Calendar's.

The calendars are done and beeing printed now (later than usuall sorry guys) If you would like one and haven't already requested on in the other thread please let me know. We'll need to take more pictures this year for 06 calendar material since the archives were raided for the 03 and 04 calendar's I have to rely on new photos from here on out.

One idea might be to do half group shots and at the 2 major gatherings (Dyno and PWC) take shots of individual cars on the same background and vote on the best ones for the calendar? Just a thought.

Also need requests for sticker colors. I have very few left and we have a few newbies that need some crew markings for their car's Wink

Also, every year the subject of crew jackets comes up. For those that are new and those who have forgotten, embroidered jackets are going to be pretty spendy to get made unfortuneatly. I'll double check to see what my paper said, but I recall it was going to be ~$150 just to get the graphic into their computer to use for the jackets. Plus the jackets are close to $100 each to actually do the embroidery... So untill we are a bit bigger, think jackets may just be 'some day' dreams...

So I'm interested in your guys thoughts on what you would like to see the crew be and/or what you would like for crew gear. Plus what kind of events should we do in addition to the usuals?

So here's to a new and exciting year to come for the crew Cheers

'89 Firebird V6 - Sold

Last edited by Jess on Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess, put me down for 2 calendars, I need a dark brown large crew sticker, and a large white sticker.

I never did get to go to the Elk River camping gathering, and love to camp. So a camp trip is an idea.

Dyno will be soon. Then Cows is right after, hard to fit two big ones close together.

I know it could be a little spendy too, but I always thought some kind of go karting event would be great for those winter days. Then we can get our jollies out without getting the cars wet/danger.

Happy Holidays Crewbies!
Smile
-Paul
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about once a month heading to a track for some racing? Maybe alternate monthly which track to go to, and which type of racing (drags, autox, drift?). Drags are all I've got experience with, but am definately interested in all forms.

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rodney had an idea for a late summer gathering down his way. From my visit last year that would be cool.. Still up for it Rod?? Very Happy btw.. those scratches from the hot springs are permanent.. nice scars!
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyno - March (Portland)

Cows IV - June (Skamakowa SW WA)

Camping Trip - August (Southern Oregon)

Ocean Shores - October (Ocean Shores, WA)

Always figured 4 major gatherings were about all we could muster a year. Then you can fill with local stuff wherever you are at. A thought.

??

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could set up a kickass camping gathering for late summer. Will put together some ideas and let you guys know.

Also when does PIR open this spring? Maybe we could hit the track after the dyno. Unless it doesn't open until April or May. I know there are a couple of you that want to see me cry at the track. Laughing

And Jess, I'll take 3 calanders please. Smile
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like April 8,9 are the first late night drags at PIR Rod.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
I know there are a couple of you that want to see me cry at the track. Laughing

Nope, we just want to see you in a tutu. Razz Razz Pokey pokey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ain't racing for no damn tutu. Surprised
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
We ain't racing for no damn tutu. Surprised

Don't think you can beat paul?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolffy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and once again you folks forget about trying to setup a meet over here or at least in the middle of WA, I had suggested a camping trip in the Wenatchee area or some such place
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan it....they will come.
Wolffy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dewey I have brought the subject up the last 2 years & nothing, so i dont think me planning it will make it happen
as ive said before, time doesnt matter to me much usually, its the rest of you folks & the other gatherings that dictate when
ive got room for folks here & parking (can accomodate about 12 rigs without problems, more can be arranged for
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it has been brought up. And I beleive there were several of us who said, that so long as we know a date long enough in advance to get the time off from work, we would go. I think a eastern side gathering is a great idea, I would love for some of the eastern folks to be able to make a gathering (you, wiggy, the walla-walla folks, etc). The thing is, us portland/seattle folks can't do much to make it happen, If you are willing to host one, post in the gathering boards, maybe give a list of 2 or 3 possible dates, and ask what works best for people, then pick one, and stick with it. If there is a FIRM date, and people know in advance, we can take the time of work, and head up there. Just like cows/dyno, we make an effort to get the dates finalised at least 2 months in advance, so everyone knows, and can arrange their schedules to make it. The gatherings that happen, happen when someone says 'its happening, here are the dates, here's the location, here is what people need to bring, here is the cost'.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but asking if people want one, or are willing to go, only goes so far. If you want a gathering to happen, just plan it. There really is no hierarchy in the crew, all you need to do is let everyone know the dates, and the details in advance, and people will show up.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with stupid Yup yup
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
I know it has been brought up. And I beleive there were several of us who said, that so long as we know a date long enough in advance to get the time off from work, we would go. I think a eastern side gathering is a great idea, I would love for some of the eastern folks.

We wouldnt be able to bring the thirdgen's (unless you are insane). But what if we set-up a ski-snowboard excursion one day at Steven's or Snoqualmie or Blewitt... etc.?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's exciting to me that you are planning a gathering in So. OR in August. I'll check back to see what the agenda is and hopefully I can meet up with all of you at some point. There's a lot of you that I miss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: