Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brakes are pissing me off!!! Need help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Brakes are pissing me off!!! Need help! Reply with quote

A while back i had a problem with my brakes, the pedal would go almost all the way down to the floor and hardly come to a stop. It was leaking quite bad too, i narrowd it down to the mastercylender and replaced the original one with one from Schucks -$39 w/ lifetime warenty i figure wasn't too bad of a deal. Well, i have replaced the damn thing 2 times since the original. After about 1 month the stupid thing goes out and i get the same symptoms (crappy braking and leaking from same spot). Im starting to wonder if its not the mastercylender anymore? Any ideas what is wrong? Its leaking right where the mastercylender goes into the brake booster, the lines are fine and dry, just a puddle right underneath the brake booster. Im not sure if it could be the brake booster because my uncle said the pedal would be hard to press not spoungy feeling. Im really fed up with replacing and bleeding the brakes over and over. And btw i am bench bleeding. My uncle came over to help me do this. Any help would be appreaciated.

1999 Black Trans Am-Auto/ Stock
2K7 Yamaha R6S-Yoshimura Race Slip on
2K5 Yamaha R6- RIP Sad
1986 Trans Am WS6-Sold Sad
Raiden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check every mating surface. All threads ect.... I would clean every surface from teh master cylinder to the last break cylinder. Clean all threads and questionable surfaces. From there, keep a close eye out. It could be a bad line or maybe a need for some plumbers tape on a thread?? Keep everyone informed so we can learn from this!
Good luck!Smile
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed a few small leaks with teflon tape.

Is it only coming out from between the booster and the MC? Sounds like that could only be the MC leaking but what do I know. Shrug

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i decided to take her to the shop because i dont have that much time to work on finding the problem. The shop called me back a few hours after i droped the car off and they told me my rear calipers are shot and thats why i keep having the same problem. That and schucks parts suck. So im getting new calipers, new AC delco mastercylendar and they are installing the tranny mount i never put in. So hopefully i wont be having anymore brake issues untill i need to replace the pads again.
Gibby85

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the AC Delco MC costing?

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really remember. I just remember it cost me $740 for that a full system bleed, rear calipers, pads and install. It took them 5hours to bleed the entire system, they finally just hooked up a Pheonix bleeder wich is like a vaccume and did it that way.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project_1986_TA wrote:
I dont really remember. I just remember it cost me $740 for that a full system bleed, rear calipers, pads and install. It took them 5hours to bleed the entire system, they finally just hooked up a Pheonix bleeder wich is like a vaccume and did it that way.

That's how I've bled mine. A mighty vac with a modified drip can. (instead of the crappy thin plastic one I drilled two holes for barb fittings into a 12" long 2" wide pvc tube with caps on either end. Reallt gets up there in suction!

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project_1986_TA wrote:

Owned! WHOA!! Pokey pokey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: