Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Dyno '04 pics and comments... *long post*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roshambo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: My Dyno '04 pics and comments... *long post* Reply with quote

Well, I have to say I think this gathering has been my favorite so far. It was really mellow, no big breaks, and got to meet a few new people.

It was cold, but that was really the only crappy thing about the whole gathering... and I learned a few things.

- Bart can get his voice pretty high pitched when he wins. (Dewey.. help us!)

- I got the tire...

- Cheezy needs more drifting practice on the PS2, but in real life he is a pro. Laughing

- Paul likes Brandon's tail.

The trip home was pretty uneventful until we got about 50 miles from home when I spotted a 4 door Civic.. baby blue with clear tails, dual exhaust and big spoiler. I rolled up next to him, revved a bit and then cruised up and past.. then from about 40 punched it and got sideways. He drove up revving to about Eleventy Billion RPM. I tried to get pictures of the car but my camera was dying on me. He came up next to me and was making the "roll the window down" motion.. he asked about the car and was pretty nice actually.. when he turned off to get gas I punched it again and got REAL sideways, but, my awesome NFS: Underground drifting skills came in handy and I made it look pro. Phew. Embarassed

Anyways, I had a great time, thanks everybody who came and Mike for giving me, my sister and Tony a place to crash. My neck will never be the same. Very Happy

And on to the pics!

Mike, signing up the Sled

The ScumAway Fog Machine

Cheezy's Most Extreme Igloo Purge

Justin - The Anti-Rice

The AntiRice's very clean 50k mile new toy...

"I've got an e-brake!!"

Dewey - "Right here is where it's gonna happen."

"Please, if something breaks, let it hit Bart!

Bart looking too confident...

Well, that's it for tonight... I'm gonna eat something and hit the sack. If you guys got some good pics, post em! Smile

-Joe

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, it is nice to see some faces to match with the names.

I am jealous, this was a three day weekend for me and everything, but the car is just sitting on jackstands.

Maybe next time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:

Maybe next time.

Subtract maybe and then you'll be good to go, it's not all about the cars anyways... I am a sellout and I made it. Wink

-Joe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roshambo wrote:
Midnight Sun wrote:

Maybe next time.

Subtract maybe and then you'll be good to go, it's not all about the cars anyways... I am a sellout and I made it. Wink

-Joe

Well location still matters, I'd have a hard time trying to steal my dad's Rodeo for a weekend in Oregon.

But you never know..

I suppose someone could always pick me up Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you had fun

sorry I couldnt make it
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe... another awesome job!

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the most part those are great pics Wink, i can't wait to see more! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TecherB
Princess B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pictures look good and you had an intertaining story you should have gotten a picture of john after the third run when you could barely see his head over the door.

Cheezy and Brandon can compete for who can fill the room with more smoke/steem next year.

-bart

"He looks like Donky Kong from Mario Kart."
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TecherB wrote:
pictures look good and you had an intertaining story you should have gotten a picture of john after the third run when you could barely see his head over the door.

No Bart, Joe understands that sinking feeling when you find out you did bad on the dyno, and got beat. he wouldn't take a picture so the poor guy has to relive the memory.

Joe,

its too bad mike and i didn't have a video camera with us on sunday, we had quite the time trying to stop for a 15mph hairpin from 70 in the rain Shocked . would have been great sound from in car.

John -- Car in front
"hmmm, i pushed the brake pedal harder, but i'm not stopping fast...DOH its not turning either... hmmm, mike is getting closer to my bumper... crap, i hope i make this turn... well this could get interesting hear comes the corner... better check my mirror for mike again...damn he is close... well here goes nothing!!!"

Mike -- Car in back
" Very Happy i smell my brakes burning, eh. this could be a problem if john stops any faster, eh. Very Happy maybe i can drift around this corner Very Happy hmmm, i'm getting closer. damn, my brakes really smell bad, eh"

Smile luckily we both made it around the corner rather uneventfully
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CheezX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike -- Car in Back
"A little more and I think the fronts will lock up. hmmm. Now is not the time to test the brakes! DUDE!!"

I got some pics of my own and some from the Sunday morning drive. Click here. That was after John and I changed my rad cap and thermostat, which WAS stuck half open. Why can't every road be like that one. Twisted Evil Got to smell my brakes in the rain. Very Happy
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This Radiator Cap Better Not Pop-Off!"

Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Mikey!

Thanks

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TecherB
Princess B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some really cool pics mike

so how bad was the wind at crown piont this year?
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TecherB wrote:
so how bad was the wind at crown piont this year?

not bad at all, it was actualy very mild.
Roshambo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:

No Bart, Joe understands that sinking feeling when you find out you did bad on the dyno, and got beat. he wouldn't take a picture so the poor guy has to relive the memory.

Joe,

its too bad mike and i didn't have a video camera with us on sunday, we had quite the time trying to stop for a 15mph hairpin from 70 in the rain Shocked . would have been great sound from in car.

LOL, yeah.. so, if we dyno next year and dont get the results we want.. should we start that support group? Wink

And it sounds like you and Mike had a fun time Sunday, I guess just give Mike that extra radio since I forgot my coat and cell phone, not to mention the crew stickers in Jesses car. I was on top of everything on Sunday. Embarassed

-Joe

Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics, i wish i could have stayed longer and hung out.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

the radio is still at my place, next time you are up this way, i'll make sure to get it back to you.

think cows ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: