Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is up with the crew?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: What is up with the crew? Reply with quote

Dear Lama
What happened to the crew? Everone are thread jacking and being dicks. I thought we were grown ups and freinds.

A worried crewbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Worried.

I wish I knew.

--The Lama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, in rare form, I am going to reply and be serious. No joking on this one.

I am actually not sure what to do. Mike and I talked about this when we were on our trip, over beers a couple of times. I have noticed, a lot of what used to be good joking among crewbies, has been quite bitter lately.

We all know, that is not what the crew is about. If you look closely, you will see that the helpfull, friendly crew spirit is still there, just not as obvious and what people are seeing is the other stuff.

I really am at a loss as to what to do, I don't want to start banning people, or being the admin who locks all sorts of stuff. Honestly, I don't think I should have to. Most of us have known each other for years, some of us for a decade or longer. There is no reason that a certain level of civility can't be upheld, even if there are personal issues.

So, here it is, my PM box is wide open, if you have any suggestsions, please please please send them to me. Heck, if you just need to vent, or to point me to a thread you think is getting out of hand, please, send it my way.

The other thing, I think we need is another major gathering. It is hard to remember who it is you are interacting with, when you haven't had a beer with them in a while. I will work on that, with my schedule changing here, I might be able to put something together this fall. I'll see what I can do.

So, the last thing I'll add, is please everyone, remember that the stuff you post gets seen by people who are lurking, and maybe thinking about joining and posting. Lets remember to make this a welcoming place, and remember what the crew is about. We started out, because we were tired of the crap on TGO, we were tired of the politics in other clubs, and were tired of signal/noise ratio other places. Let's act like this really is a welcoming place, were people from all over the PNW, regardless of age, sex, income or politics, can all get together and enjoy the one thing we all have in common.

--The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: