Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about flywheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laegion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: question about flywheels Reply with quote

can you swap the clutch and pressure plate from a two piece rear main seal flywheel onto a one piece rear main flywheel? and also is the teeth count on both flywheels the same? basically what I'm getting at is I'm thinking about swapping a roller cam motor into my car but I want to know what I'm going to have to replace besides the flywheel. like the starter or clutch?
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: question about flywheels Reply with quote

laegion wrote:
can you swap the clutch and pressure plate from a two piece rear main seal flywheel onto a one piece rear main flywheel? and also is the teeth count on both flywheels the same? basically what I'm getting at is I'm thinking about swapping a roller cam motor into my car but I want to know what I'm going to have to replace besides the flywheel. like the starter or clutch?

Two piece and one piece flywheels are different. The difference is in how they bolt to the crank, thus are no interchangable. The clutch, however, may swap over. I think the disc will but I'm not sure about the pressure plate.

If the flywheels come off a thirdgen, they are 153 tooth count and will work with your starter. If you end up with a big flywheel, 168 tooth count, you'll need the big starter.
laegion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info

I wonder if the pressure plate will swap as well? because I just bought a brand new clutch and I don't want to try and take it back. i've had it for a while sitting in the box, and shucks sucks so I don't want to have to deal with exchanging if I dont' have to. i'm still not even sure I want to swap blocks, it depends on how much trouble I'm going to have.

chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything should swap except for the flywheel. Pressure plate and disc should work.
laegion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! thanks for the valuable info guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: