Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm back ..... and with 383 questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorrick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: I'm back ..... and with 383 questions Reply with quote

I'm finally back on dry land after a 3 week little cruise on the USS Carl Vinson. I'm still looking at different engines for my TA after cruise (mid next summer), the guys at work are trying to talk me into a 383, looking at www.gmpartsdepot.com the circle track 350 sells for $2895. and the 383 for $3870. The 383 has 10 less HP and only 55 more torque.

Is the 383 worth the extra $975?

I would love to get an engine now but the car will be sitting for the next few months Crying or Very sad
turbo_jimi

1985 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends...how much does it cost to turn a 350 into a 383 stroker? If it's less than a grand, go for the 350, if not, go for the 383. Just my 2 cents. Cool

1985 Z28 Crate 350, Hurst T-5, 3.23s, Flowmaster Under previous set-up: 143.82 rwhp 216.98 lbs. torque @4390 rpms 3/12/11
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN a street car torque is fun, in a drag car, guys sacrifice some low end torque to gain some top end HP and off the line traction!
sailorrick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a street driven car. Just mostly want to go have some fun with it and be able to back up some of my sh*t talking from work. Very Happy I would like to build my own but have never done it before and the car will need to make runs down to Medford OR.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

: off topic :

this is a bit weird because i spent 2.5 years on the Chuckie V and don't tell anyone, but i'm from medford. Are you from down there? rating?

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sailorrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm not from there but my ex is. Her and the kids live in Eagle Point and now my mother-in-law lives in Medford so I come down there at least a few times a year. When I'm home anyway, the squadron I'm in deploys alot Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: