Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAO: Midnight Sun

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laserbeak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: FAO: Midnight Sun Reply with quote

Hey Eric,

Sorry I wasn't able to respond to your post you made in the Classifieds section, I've been busy as who knows what for a while. :/

Quote:
Did you tell the buyer to come this way?

Turn him into a crewbie, and we all can keep an eye on your car for ya.

I didn't actually. He actually lives in California and drove the car down there. Right now he's in Iraq, and buying the car was among the first things for him to do while on his 2 month R&R. He said that his dad rebuilds engines for a living and him and his dad have plans for the car. Sadly, about a day or two after the car was sold, I got a call asking if I knew that there were problems with the radiator, because the morning after he bought it, the car had coolant all over the ground, and the radiator was toasted, as well as the serpentine belt.

I was a little confused by this, since I had driven this car every season for five years without a problem, but a little sad to hear that it was bad enough that it got flatbedded and towed away, but eh, what can you do?

I do have him on MSN Messenger, but it looks like we've already gone our seperate ways. At least the car has gone to someone who has the tools and capabilities to care for it well.

Jason[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa... you had me going for a moment with "Sadly, about a day or two after the car was sold, I got a call"

Well, hopefully it all turns out for the best and he can do the work to it that you always wanted to have get done.

I am gon TGO and 3G0 as well, I will keep my eye out and see if I ever come across it. Cause that was one damn fine bird.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:
Whoa... you had me going for a moment with "Sadly, about a day or two after the car was sold, I got a call"

Well, hopefully it all turns out for the best and he can do the work to it that you always wanted to have get done.

I am gon TGO and 3G0 as well, I will keep my eye out and see if I ever come across it. Cause that was one damn fine bird.

Yeah, I feel confident it'll turn out for the best. Unlike other prospective buyers, I didn't feel bad at all letting it go, since I felt that it would be going to someone that could take better care of it than I did...Repairs and maintenance were just getting too much, and I had to make a decision.

But oh well, life goes on. Smile

I hope the economy picks up a bit so we can sell my dad's 82 C3 glasstop. Neutral

The money from the GTA was used to buy this since a more family friendly car was missing from the garage:

I myself don't like SUVs, but I'm glad that the rest of the family likes it. Now as to what I should get next, that's a mystery in itself. I really want to wait and see what 2007 will bring. I hope I'll have enough money saved up by then. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: