Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Lama.... what can I do with my rusty Jeep?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Dear Lama.... what can I do with my rusty Jeep? Reply with quote

Dear Lama,

My trusty Jeep Cherokee winter driver is going to be a rust bucket soon. The pretty shiny red paint isn't going to look so good in the near future. The carpet is wet and there are salt stains on the carpet. I live in an area where road salt and corrosion is a constant battle. Do I spend a lot of money to trade up for a newer "car based SUV", or just wheel the crap out of the Jeep?

I do have some pride and am not excited about driving a vehicle with body parts rusting away. But I'm also too cheap to spend $20K - $30K on another rig that will have the same fate within 8 - 10 years.

- Frustrated in Peoria

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Frustrated.

The issue is not the truck, it is the location. If it were me, here is what I would do. Time a trip to the west coast, with one of the Crew events this summer. Fly out here, and buy a XJ, and drive back.

You can get rust free late model Jeep's for $2k here. It won't have any rust, and will be good for 3-4 more years back east.

Added bonus, I have a sneaking suspicion that you may have a project you are working. You can use the money saved by getting a cheap Jeep, and use it to pay someone to make your thirdgen everything you want it to be.

--The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: