Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We have a green flag! (Dyno '10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Got NAWS? Reply with quote

Got NAWS?

I do Cool

Paully helped me get the new wide-band O2 sensor in tonight and then he did some tuning. I will still be down on power compared to the old sewer pipe exhaust but she feels pretty good. He took a LOT of fuel out lol.

Change the jetting on the nitrous setup. Went to smaller pills on the fuel side. Every dyno run I have made with the nitrous has been pig rich. Even my 500 rwhp run pegged the dyno wide-band O2 at 10:1 AFR.

Felt gooooooood.

Blue pill? Naw, blue bottle has same effect. Another hour and I am gonna have to call the Dr. Wink

-Schultzy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fiveoformula

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Wonder how much gain you'd see with a bit less fuel
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N/A probably not much. Paul had the WOT tuned pretty good. This should help with my mileage or lack thereof though. It was REAL rich.

With the nitrous the gains should be considerable. Basically I have had too much fuel which is safer but not optimal for power. You still want things a bit fat when spraying but most wide-bands max at 10:1 AFR and I was pegging it on the juice.

This is all chatter. We will find out tomorrow! Wink

I was just a bit excited last night because 1-it felt good and 2-i didn't blow nuttin' up (not necessarily in that sequence!)

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck man I can't wait to see what the numbers are! What type of kit did you have?

I finally started to get the tune a bit better at the pinks gig on the juice but even now mine to is a touch rich on the juice. Just a little bit leaner makes a BIG difference I have found!

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
popballz

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the type of event to bring old tires for burnouts??
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popballz wrote:
Is this the type of event to bring old tires for burnouts??

Not at all.

Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izcain wrote:
What type of kit did you have?

Short version:
It is a hybrid at this point.

Longer than you ever wanted version:
It is a hybrid at this point. Started life as a the old NOS 5151 TPI kit (with dual foggers in a throttle body plate as opposed to the newer design spray bar within a throttle body plate). Came with the bottle, solenoids, arm switch, two fogger nozzles, TB plate, jets for 110/150 shot and WOT switch. After a while I added an remote opener, heater and purge valve. Later yet, I added the Jacobs nitrous mastermind progressive controller for a window switch, timing retard and to roll the hit in. After I upgraded to the Lingenfelter billet 1000 CFM throttle body, the additional length added by the throttle body plate became an issue. I got an LT1 aluminum elbow and tapped two holes and just ran my two foggers into that. Bought some braided lines and T's to run from solenoids to the foggers. Softens the hit a bit being a few inches away from the throttle body.

As you probably know, most progressive controllers pulse the solenoids until you are at 100%. This is pretty hard on standard design solenoids like NOS, Nitrous works, etc. After the NOS nitrous solenoid stuck in the open position (this is bad youngsters!), I switch the fuel and nitrous solenoids to the Racetested brand. These are a different design than standard solenoids, don't require rebuilding (NOS solenoids do periodically) and were made to be pulsed. Basically, Racetested is a rebranded US import of the Wizards of NOS line from the UK. Appears that there was some legal dispute and Denny (Racetested) does not appear to be in business anymore.

izcain wrote:
Just a little bit leaner makes a BIG difference I have found!

Sure seemed to. Our first test was with dual .048 N2O jets and dual .025 for the fuel. Was still pretty fat but felt good. No drama - nice and smooth. Swapped in .021 fuel jets and really woke her up. Got up toward 12.5 for a brief period which is a little lean on juice but settled down to like 11.6 Cool Daddy like!

izcain wrote:
Good luck man I can't wait to see what the numbers are!

Thanks! Me too. I know (believe me) that the butt dyno lies but sure felt good. From the look on his face seemed like Paul liked it too but hate to speculate. May have been gas Very Happy

Wish me luck for drama free runs.

-Schultzy
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I know all about the sticking solinoid problems lol I rebuilt mine every couple of seasons and even that may be pushing it (come to think of it..... it's time for another rebuild lol)

I have been reading the plugs and EGT's a bit closer then the AFR since sometimes the AFR is spot on but the plugs look wrong. I always like to error on the touch rich side rather then running to the ragged edge!

Seems like the only way you put together a really good system is just using parts from every other system..... I used to have a Super Powershot but ditched and now I have the big shot solinoids lines and plate but I ditched the jets in favor of the stainless ones then the brass have inconsistances, also ran an NOS over the jacobs..... I had a Jacobs in the last car I built and ran but I didn't like the way it ramped in compared to the NOS I have on mine.

I use the MSD adjustable timing dial to just pull the timing out.

Have you looked much at the new "Launcher" system NOS has out now? that looks pretty cool!

I think the best thing I ever did so far though was putting in a Nitrous dedicated fuel system. I was always concerned with taking to much fuel and leaning out on stock fuel lines!

9.17 @ 148
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, valid concerns. Funny thing is that the nitrous system was a hp band aid until I built up a better engine than the L98. Just kind of stuck with it.

Would like to play with boost next.

-Schultzy
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schultzy89GTA wrote:
Ya, valid concerns. Funny thing is that the nitrous system was a hp band aid until I built up a better engine than the L98. Just kind of stuck with it.

Would like to play with boost next.

-Schultzy

Amen to that man!

I am going more for boost with a shot of gas!

9.17 @ 148
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: