Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I do.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: I do..... Reply with quote

Dear QwkBert

In a short amount of time I will be married. Do you have any words of advice to a young man when he brings his project car "home"? Plus do you have any tips on how to keep a wife happy while you work on the project? How do you convince your wife to allow you to spend thousands of dollars on your project?

Sincerely
Bachelor no more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear "Bachelor no more",

Everybody knows that I haven't touched my car since I got married so you might think that my advice is utterly useless. But I beg to differ. Who else can save you so much time by giving you the top ten list of ideas that DO NOT work?

10. Go camping on the honeymoon so that you can save money for the car instead of that trip to Hawaii.

9. Come up with a "family" budget where she gets to spend less and you get to spend more. Follow through with pie charts and graphs.

8. Talk too much about the car.

7. Try to get her involved by making her part of the project car decision making process.

6. Store car parts inside the house.

5. Tell her if you can work on your car, then she can can have a project car of her own too.

4. Ask if you can spend "xxx" amount of dollars to buy an MSD capacitive discharge ignition system, and then try to convince her what a bargain it is.

3. Insult her by offering her $20 to splurge for a new pair of shoes.

2. Disassemble the car so that it ends up looking more and more like a hopeless junker.

1. Make a large purchase without permission.

QwkBert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: