Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion -- This Years Dyno.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Discussion -- This Years Dyno. Reply with quote

Ok,

we need to do some discusion, once this thread has run its course, I will start a new thead with a poll.

Here is the Topic. A few members have indicated they would prefer we do the dyno later in the spring (read: March or April). So we need to descide as a group, if the dyno will be held at the traditional mid-January time, or if we will hold of and go later in the spring.

Enjoy, and play nice.

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok either way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Jan, because there isn't a whole lot going on other than Cows in the year, and this spreads them out more.

Especially if some of us brake at the dyno, that gives us some repair time before Cows!
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mid-late January myself, just as long as its not the last week in January.
'89 Firebird V6 - Sold
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure if we do January again, we will do like usualy, and go for the weekend before the superbowl.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im golden either way,but preference would be january,just like always.ill be there with my dodge,throwing down a S/C 200 horsepower Very Happy

and ill get pulled off the rollers by a lowrider chevy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote for mid-jan. Even though I haven't made it that last two years. Very Happy

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
I'd vote for mid-jan. Even though I haven't made it that last two years. Very Happy

Then your vote doesn't count. Razz 3rd time is the charm right?
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still like to see March or April. January is just too hard to predict what the weather will do. I hate missing the dyno gathering every year but I will not put this car on a trailer and drive over 100 miles in a blizard again. That is what it is, about 100 miles to drop down enough elevation to where it just rains. I don't blame Paul for wanting it in January though, he just doesn't want to get beat on the dyno by a Blue car. Laughing
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, refresh my memory on the pricing. I didn't make it last year and don't recall what the prices were.

The reason I ask is Tom's Perf is right across from where I work, and they are interested in trying to work out a package deal for us. I've not seen his dyno yet, but we may be able to save a few $$$
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actualy went to toms the very first year. McGee's give us $50 for 3 runs, but his dyno setup is much nicer than Tom's. Toms is all above ground, so we had to lift all the cars up to the dyno. McGee's is inground, so getting the cars on/off is much easier there.
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I said, I've not seen Tom's dyno. Guess I'll go back into my corner now and be quite.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
I would still like to see March or April. January is just too hard to predict what the weather will do. I hate missing the dyno gathering every year but I will not put this car on a trailer and drive over 100 miles in a blizard again. That is what it is, about 100 miles to drop down enough elevation to where it just rains. I don't blame Paul for wanting it in January though, he just doesn't want to get beat on the dyno by a Blue car. Laughing

You are the one making excuses about not making it. Wuss.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough.

Like Ian said. I havent gone, but I am hoping to make it.

The mid jan time is nice cause it spreads out the meetings pretty good, yet the weather is still iffy and a lot of us live in the boonies (or go to school in the boonies).

Spring break seems like the perfect time, because the weather is warming up, and it is easier to get time off from work (assuming that the students have spring break, and people working jobs could get the day off easier after a few months of nothing instead of right after a major holiday season).

But in the end, the regulars should decide as to not throw off the whole dyno time for a newbie and ruin a tradition when they don't even show up.

The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, that is why we asked. We want to see new people show up for this, some people in the crew have dyno'ed three years in a row now, and will for a fourth time. We want to try to pick a time that is best for everyone. not just those of us who plan it, and the members who have been here forever.
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
rjmcgee wrote:

Kiss my ass.

What is the gathering for you Paul? A weekend, a tank of gas, and your biggest expense is the dyno its self.

For me to be there Sat and Sun means two days off work, I have to either build a trailer before then or rent one like I did at Cows, that was $200. Got about $100 in fuel cost plus food and misc shizzle. I'm not bitching about this stuff because I am the one that lives down here, just saying that I have to plan these trips and our weather in January is not very friendly for pulling a car trailer.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why we are having thsi discusion Rodney. We all want to see you make the dyno. I am dying to see the look on your face when you are OWNED by the LO3.

But at the same token, if Janaury is far and away better for everyone but you. It is hard to change the date for just one person.

I think you should just chain that SOB up, and drive the maro. Wink Razz
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
Twilightoptics wrote:
rjmcgee wrote:

Kiss my ass.

What is the gathering for you Paul? A weekend, a tank of gas, and your biggest expense is the dyno its self.

For me to be there Sat and Sun means two days off work, I have to either build a trailer before then or rent one like I did at Cows, that was $200. Got about $100 in fuel cost plus food and misc shizzle. I'm not bitching about this stuff because I am the one that lives down here, just saying that I have to plan these trips and our weather in January is not very friendly for pulling a car trailer.

Easy there big guy, and it's a weekend that I do have to request off of work, atleast 2 tanks of gas, and the dyno. So yeah you have me beat financially. We've all said if you make a gathering down there we'll go.

No need to get bent out of shape dude. Closer can dish it but can't take it eh?
Wolffy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill be one of the few dissenters here, i vote for later
as i have to drive 300+ miles to get there
I wont trailer my iroc just for a dyno in Jan & i wont drive it there either
yeah i know ive never been there, but thats cause its in Jan
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
rjmcgee wrote:
Twilightoptics wrote:
rjmcgee wrote:

Kiss my ass.

Easy there big guy, and it's a weekend that I do have to request off of work, atleast 2 tanks of gas, and the dyno. So yeah you have me beat financially. We've all said if you make a gathering down there we'll go.

No need to get bent out of shape dude. Closer can dish it but can't take it eh?

Sorry, I wasn't getting bent. I typed that this morning before work and was trying to hurry. There was suppose to be the little green toothy smiley after the kiss my ass comment. I dish it out all of the time so I can take it too. Very Happy

I was just trying to illustrate my side of making a gathering. If I am the only one wanting it later than I don't expect everyone to wait another 3 months because of me. I am planning on setting up a gathering down here prolly the end of next summer ( lots of planning ). But I sure wouldn't ask anyone to come down in the winter time.

Right now I am trying to figure out when I can get up there this year yet for another night a PIR.

And Dewey, how much boost does the L03 need to beat me? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: