Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap-Ass-Beer

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Cheap-Ass-Beer Reply with quote

Yo Lama,
I seem to have a problem with the cheap-ass-beer, such as Mickeys or my favorite Steel211, I have tried the Micro's and they are good!
But i always seem to end up back with a huge can of cheap-ass beer!
I have $$ and plenty of it, so that is not the issue, for what ever reason, the Steel seems to rule...what is a guy to do?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cheap-Arse,

There is sometimes a certain attachment that grows between a man, and the beers that he drank as a young lad, that he obtained by pooling his nickels with his buddy's, and shoulder tapping outside the grocery store. Even a beer connoisseur such as myself has been known to enjoy throwing back some Mickey's wide-mouth grenades, and reliving the glory days.

My guess is that when it comes down to you, your real problem is not with your choice of beer. It is that in all reality you are a cheap skate. You look at that $11.99 6-pack of Rogue's Dead Guy, and say... ha! I can get 18 big-ol cans of 211 for that price, and you inevitably end up drinking cheap beer, because it ultimately fits your lifestyle.

So what is a guy like yourself to do? Put it in perspective, say's The Lama. How much are you willing to spend to send your kids to college? Now ask yourself, is your own sanity worth that price? If it is, you will see how you can justify spending a little more money on good beer, and actually enjoy what is probably the last pleasure you are allowed to enjoy now that you have grown up, and gotten married. So embrace the liberating feeling of drinking a fine cold micro-beer, and stop thinking about the money you could be saving. Your children, I can assure you, would much rather see their Dad happy, instead of having a nice college fund, or getting a BMW for their 16th Birthday.

Saving family's one pint at a time.
--The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: