Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who into guns
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLP-GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: who into guns Reply with quote

I know all of us dig 3rd gens but are any of you pro gun or active in a gun range.

I dont know if this topic was acceptable so correct me if I am wrong:D
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be under age to have a gun but i have about 13 guns that will be mine when i turn of age. I guess being born into a family that has and loves guns kinda rubs off on you. I used to go shooting with my family all the time but havent all that much recently. I take it your a pro-gun guy?

I also am pro gun because i have to protect my t/a in some way or another Wink
sllt1776

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pro gun
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my very first gun a few months ago. Never did any hunting or anything when growing up, so my only experience with any firearms was in the Navy. I had .45's, 12ga., M14A1's, Baretta 9mm, M16, 20mm, and even 50cal!

My gun however is the Steyr M40. Awesome weapon!
http://sinclairvoluptuousspacecaptain.com/Steyrm40Gallery/

Info page about it! Long, but definitely worth the read!
http://members.cox.net/guntraining/steyr.htm

Maybe we should go "plinkin'" sometime! My buddy Dave and I usually go to Sam's in Lynnwood, and scare some paper.

Paul
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 300 winchester magnum, a .45, a .25 auto, a .22 magnum, 3 ought 6, and a bolt action shotgun.

My father and I "co-own" them.

PonchoTA wrote:

Maybe we should go "plinkin'" sometime! My buddy Dave and I usually go to Sam's in Lynnwood, and scare some paper.
Paul

Do I smell a Cascade Crew shootin' gatherin'?

12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in the market for an HK MK23 45 ... still not sure what texas's concealed carry law is but ohwell Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
85rocZlady1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other half and myself are. He's got a .40 S&W, .357 mag, 30-06 and 2 .22 rifles. He has his CHL and I'm wanting to get mine.

I've only been to the range 1 time so far but first time out I did a 9 shot group of 6" @ 7 yds. I don't think thats too shabby for the very first time.
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi stephanizzle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon wrote:
... still not sure what texas's concealed carry law is but ohwell Surprised
Here ya go: TX State gun laws. The TX state laws are about the same as the OR state ones. You can carry an unconcealed weapon (on a holster, for instance) pretty much anywhere, but you will need a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

I really enjoy going to the range, but I haven't had the time for it very often. I have a Colt 32mm (a classic), a modern S&W 9MM for everyday household defense, a nice hunting rifle w/scope (can't remember bore), and a couple shotguns (including a great old Winchester Pump-action that I just love the sound of). Very Happy
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90RSrocks wrote:
Demon wrote:
... still not sure what texas's concealed carry law is but ohwell Surprised
Here ya go: TX State gun laws. The TX state laws are about the same as the OR state ones. You can carry an unconcealed weapon (on a holster, for instance) pretty much anywhere, but you will need a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

I really enjoy going to the range, but I haven't had the time for it very often. I have a Colt 32mm (a classic), a modern S&W 9MM for everyday household defense, a nice hunting rifle w/scope (can't remember bore), and a couple shotguns (including a great old Winchester Pump-action that I just love the sound of). Very Happy
doesn't say age for concealed carry though Surprised
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, I'm an old fart, so I didn't even think about that. I forgot your only like 15 or something. Razz
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90RSrocks wrote:
True, I'm an old fart, so I didn't even think about that. I forgot your only like 15 or something. Razz
haha dude i'm 22 :fawk:

I just look 15 Sad
SLP-GTA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Yes Im PRO GUN Reply with quote

PonchoTA
I have to agree with you, the M40 its a fine weapon, I just bought its little brother the M9. 40 cal for my right hand and 9mm for the left Very Happy

Also have couple really cool black rifles (AR15) and several other purpose built weapons, .308s, custom 10/22, .17HRM, etc, etc and ALLOT of ammo and mags.

Keep most of the ammo and accessories at the office, drives the girls nuts. But keeps the ammo at room temp Very Happy

Glad to see other 3rd geners into weapons. Are there any good shooting places where your located Question

Edited to add, a good o'l Cascade Crew blasting session sound fun. Anyone know of someone that has a punkin patch? they make a very cool target to blast. But Im really into varmint shooting
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:

Do I smell a Cascade Crew shootin' gatherin'?

Sounds like a fun time to me. Although, I don't have a gun (yet) so I would need to rent/borrow one but I would love to go to a firing range for a day. (Or pumpkin patch or whatever Wink)
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.... I bet we could get some recreational use at Cows III. We have to run it by the host.

Whadja think B?

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SLP-GTA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess dont worry about guns I have you covered, but you will need to buy extra ammo Very Happy
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm up for a shooting gathering Very Happy

no guns here either... but can buy ammo, and will travel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rscamaro89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

85rocZlady1 wrote:
The other half and myself are. He's got a .40 S&W, .357 mag, 30-06 and 2 .22 rifles. He has his CHL and I'm wanting to get mine.

I've only been to the range 1 time so far but first time out I did a 9 shot group of 6" @ 7 yds. I don't think thats too shabby for the very first time.

Hi Stephers.

I will have to come over when I get the new car and break in your garage for ya. Won't be at work for the next few days.

Niko: She looks cut in half.
Tim: Oh wow—she's one of those pole dancers
wiggy'sIROC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definately pro gun! I can' tafford the ones I want yet though. Right now all I have is a .380 auto, a .300 Win-Mag, and a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag. My home is protected!

Mark

WIGGY'S IROC HOMEPAGE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiggy'sIROC wrote:
My home is protected!
Yes, sounds like it is. Mine is too, and it's a good feeling. I've never had to fire a round at someone, despite several times over the years that people have attempted to break in. No person has had what it takes to get by the locks, partly because I keep the pump-action shotgun on hand at all times (without ammo) just so I can use the very intimidating, classic sound of chambering a round if necessary. They usually disappear in 3 seconds or less after that sound is made. Thumbs up It has kept me from having to ventilate some loser after he gets into the house and I really appreciate that. Going Rambo-style isn't my style unless absolutely necessary, but if someone makes it my only option, then sure... Bang bang Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: