Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

its gonna live again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanarunhard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: its gonna live again Reply with quote

ok so i have had this 86 sport coupe hard top 2.8 five speed camaro for 5 years now and between moving my shop twice and doing custamers cars it has just sat here in my shop half finished, finally i decided to finish it with gas bein 4.50 a gallon and all just to cruise u know, can u guys tell me what mileage i can expect? well anyway im slingin it together between jobs and all i have two engines and misc. parts but i might need a pic of one together If anyone feels so generous. last motor had a serious rod knock. any way im at the point where i can do this finally. thank god but when it blows. and im sure it will its gonna get a 5.7 motor and stick trans but right now i just wana cruise. so maybe soon i can attend some events the club puts on
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you keep the MPFI and make sure all the sensors are in good order and make sure it's in top tune you might be able to see 19-23 city and up to 30ish highway if you drive it like a 2.8. if you beat on it and drive in a lot of stop and go you could see as low as 15mpg city. Shocked my millage in LA traffic SUCKS.

what do you need photos of. i have many photos of my 2.8's engine bay.

good luck with the project. Smile

blue89

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, ya, I seldom got 24 but I like the gas pedal all the way down.

I'm acquinted with the old 2.8 too so I can help answer questions. Lots of pics in my signature.

89 RS - 5.7L LT1 SOLD
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seldom heard of people getting as good of gas millage with thier 2.8s as i get in my 2.8. i don't know why that is, i would say "factory fluke", but my engine is rebuilt. perhaps it was built with economy in mind or something. i might have like 6:1 compression Question funny thing is, i don't drive it around like an old man or anything. i drive normal.
blue89

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably in your tune. Maybe you should pass that around! Very Happy It could also be running a faulty MAF thats leaning it out more than it should. Do you your chip code?
89 RS - 5.7L LT1 SOLD
wanarunhard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: gas mileage Reply with quote

yah well its gettin xlent gas mileage right now sittin on my rack Laughing but see i only live about one block from my shop. so i dont use a lotta gas.
and furthermore i do junk car hauling for this area so i get a lotta free gas
so thats not so important, but when i go to portland, id like to see some fair mileage my little truck gets about 25 or 30 and its a four cylnder
puddle jumper just a little 2liter engine
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue89 wrote:
Its probably in your tune. Maybe you should pass that around! Very Happy It could also be running a faulty MAF thats leaning it out more than it should. Do you your chip code?

i think it's not the stock tune, because i have exceeded the 110 speed limiter on the car. but it's the chip that was in there when i got it. i've never even had the computer down. Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: