Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parting 85 Iroc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should overthrow Gibby and run this shizzle hammer style. Cool
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey alloy i got one of those switches i was going to use.. i bought it and then it just didnt look how i wanted it too.. i dunno whats different about it but its supposed to be stock, you can have it if you want it.. i mean it would work for you as a temp, just let me know and ill bring it to you at autozone or somethin or you can pick it up.

Tim

1997 Z28 PCMforLess tune, K&N CAI, trickflow elbow, 160 thermostat, edelbrock shorty headers, Flowmaster 3", 18" cragars.
Best 1/4 - 13.8 @ 101.98 60' 2.27
alloy
T56 Elitist

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to drop it by I'd appreciate it. I'm off tues and thurs, and there all evenings. I usually come in late on friday at 3:30, and am there til close all but my 2 days off.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep my fog lights on with my high beams Cool
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you workin saturday like it looks like you are, ill bring it in then.

Tim

1997 Z28 PCMforLess tune, K&N CAI, trickflow elbow, 160 thermostat, edelbrock shorty headers, Flowmaster 3", 18" cragars.
Best 1/4 - 13.8 @ 101.98 60' 2.27
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in at 1 pm to 9 pm tomorrow.
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never knew that the fog lights went out when the high beams were on either. i think what im gonna do is use the same switch but wire it directly to the battery. it will still look like the stock switch but i will be able to use them with high beams. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I can find it, there is a wire that you can cut and the fogs will work with the high beams on. I looked for it for a few mins, but didn't devote much time to it considering I ad my stock fogs in before and they were pretty much useless. Now with the new blue fog lights in, well I'm gonna have to invest more time in finding that wire Wink
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the wiring diagram the fog light relay grounds through the high beam elements. When they are supplied power the ground becomes 12v and the fog lights shut off. To get fog lights all the time you need to cut the light green (or dk green/white) wire at terminal C on the fog light relay and attach it to ground. This will make your fog lights work with both high and low beams.
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Thanks again for bringing that part in to me. I got it put on the dash, but haven't completed the connections at the fog lights yet. I've gotten off work ar 9 pm both nights since you dropped the switch off, and had no time to finish it. I'll probably have time in the morning. I'll let you know how they look.
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks to Tim the new blue fog lights are in and working Wink That's after fighting a voltage drop problem. I had 12.8 volts at the lights, but when I put a load (lights) on the circuit the voltage dropped to nothing. Took a little detective work to find out the plug for the fog light relay was corroded, and apparently so was the relay inside. But after some contact cleaner and a new relay, they live again Cool

The pic doesn't really show the yellow color the lights put off, but they work pretty well for a bolt on replacement light. I may try for some higher wattage bulbs in them and see how that looks. I've also got the high wattage bulbs in the tail lights and that made a major difference in my brake light brightness. I used 3496's in both the tail/brake, and turn positions. Along with 168's for the side markers.

And Brandon, thanks for the tip on the green wire. I'd seen posts on TGO to go under the dash and find the wire and route it to ground, but that seemed kinda silly considering how easy it was to do it right off the relay.

laegion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: power steering box Reply with quote

I am looking for a good used powersteering gear box, mine's leaking horribly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: