Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cows.. Wheres it at?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Cows.. Wheres it at? Reply with quote

Ok. We're gettin close now! Here's my address and contact info.

Brandon Chamberlain
194 E. Valley Rd.
Skamokawa WA

(360) 795-3255

I think most of you will be coming via I5. Take either Longview/Kelso exit and head west on Ocean Beach Highway(highway 4). Keep on highway 4 for about 40 miles. At about 25 miles you'll come to Cathlamet. Theres a chevron and a shell station. This is your last chance for gas. Keep going past Cathlamet on highway 4 for about 11 more miles past the stations. You'll come to a really small town called Skamokawa. Not much here but a general store and the Duck Inn. There will be a bridge on the highway in Skamokawa. Above the bridge is the Redmen Hall/River Interpretive Center. The building looks like an old church or school. Turn right after that building but before the bridge. The road sign will say "Skamokawa Valley Rd". Follow this road about 1 mile. When the valley opens up again on the right side of the road, my place should be right there. You'll see an abandoned blue house in front of an old mobile home with a big deck. The mobile home is mine, this is the place. If you come to a Y in the road you just went past it. Go back to the last driveway.

If you can't find it stop most anywhere and you stand a good chance of finding somebody who knows. They should know at the Duck Inn for sure.

If you're just coming down for the car show, here's the directions to that.

Basically the same thing, but when you come to the bridge go over it. Either road to the left after the bridge will get you there. But the 2nd left is easiest. You'll see a church on the 2nd road and the show is held in the Skamokawa Vista Park. Theres a pretty nice sandy beach at this park too, but the waters too cold for my taste in early June.

Accomodations:

Beings this is a mobile home with addition there wont be much privacy. There will be plenty of floor space for sleeping bags. Bring a bag and air mattress if you want. If you're a couple and would like privacy bring a tent, lots of yard space. I've allready promised the 1 spare bedroom to Rodney n Jen. But theres 2 large rooms in the addition. One can be made for the ladies, and the other for guys. And theres always the living room as well.

Also there are several bed and breakfasts in Skamokawa as well. If anybody would like to do that instead let me know and I'll find the contact information for you.

There are no hotel/motels anywhere in the county(no stoplights either! Shocked )

Next week I'll start a food/supply post.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bringing these directions back to the top. I havent moved, but the car show has. Though its just across the creek from where it was.
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhh... scenic route. i am in chris. we should cruise up together. Smile Cool
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, I deleted my old post, but yeah.......sounds good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: