Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Window sill and AC removal.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Window sill and AC removal. Reply with quote

I am stuck in two spots.

I am trying to remove that window sill/squeegie part, and two screws are extremely hard to get to because the glass covers them, any advice as to how I can get these suckers out?

And, I am trying to remove my AC box. All I know is that I need to get into the dash area to unbolt it, but so far the descriptions I have gotten were pretty vague, am I going to need to remove my speaker? Or is it one of these bolts down low?

(on a side note, what is that cable thing that I circled in green?)

Thanks for putting up with all my novice-ism. Very Happy
-Eric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to the first question, you have to drop (lower) the window channel stops. There are 2 (IIRC) window stops in the bottom of the guide channel that is preventing the window from going down too far.
You can loosen and drop the window another 1/2" or so, just enough to get to those last 2 bolts.

I don't know about the A/C box questions, I never had to take mine apart!

The thing (cable and lever) that you have circled in green is either the mixer or the director, can't remember which.
The mixer separates the cold air (not from heater box) and the hot air (from heater box) or, the H----C part of your air con. system.
If it is the case of the director, then that flapper valve will send the air from feet to defrost and everywhere else in between.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Sad

Paully
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, as a secondary observation, you need to be a little more inquisitive, and not so willing to have someone else answer your questions.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but was there anything stopping you from chasing where the other end of that cable was, and maybe operate the lever to understand what it does?
Or, to look around the inside of the door and figure out that there was something preventing the window from going down any further?

I get on Samantha all the time too (she's only 14 though!) about the two games: "Situational Awareness" and "Figure It Out Yourself"
To be quite honest, she probably hates it, but I refuse to just give her the answers. She's got a good head on her shoulders, but the school systems now really don't teach the kids how to figure stuff out, only how to ask questions so someone else can do the work. If that's the case, then who will do the work????!!!! Confused

I don't mean to bust your chops, but I think that you could have found the answers with a little more probing. You're a bright guy so just as a suggestion, take an extra bit of time before jumping on line. If you find out the answer, THEN drop us a line, we'll be more than happy to give you a pat on the back for a job well done!! (BZ!)
Also, get the factory service manual for your car (www.helminc.com), you'll be amazed at how much information is in there. Come to think of it, the info about the door I'm pretty sure is in the manual that I gave you with the SFC's!! Dammit!!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEEZE, thanks dad Very Happy

I just like double checking. For the most part I have a basic concept of what to do, but it is always nice to get a second opinion.

Especially before a screwdriver slips and I shatter the side window (more money I dont have)

Better to be safe then sorry.

But hey... I took out an entire engine with almost no questions. It just seems to be the little things that stopping me. Just wait untill I undertake huge mechanical tasks, such as washing my car, or putting in more oil Very Happy Very Happy You guys will never hear the end of my questioning.

Thanks alot Paully
-Eric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:
Just wait untill I undertake huge mechanical tasks, such as washing my car, or putting in more oil Very Happy Very Happy You guys will never hear the end of my questioning.
You are supposed to change the oil? Confused Laughing
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90RSrocks wrote:
Midnight Sun wrote:
Just wait untill I undertake huge mechanical tasks, such as washing my car, or putting in more oil Very Happy Very Happy You guys will never hear the end of my questioning.
You are supposed to change the oil? Confused Laughing

Uhhh, read it again, he never said anything about 'changing the oil', just 'putting in more oil'!! Laughing Frankly, I'm more confused by this whole 'washing the car' thing. Maybe Eric will come over and show me what he's talking about? Laughing Very Happy

and "You're welcome, Eric!" Thumbs up Doh!
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao, yeah maybe he can stop by here and demonstrate this "washing" thing on my car too. Razz Cool
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90RSrocks wrote:
lmao, yeah maybe he can stop by here and demonstrate this "washing" thing on my car too. Razz Cool

I don't think it is something that can be demonstrated or taught. It just is an inherent skill people are born with.

Such is my car washing abilities, passed down from generation to generation on my mother's side, starting with Charlemagne.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PonchoTA wrote:
(BZ!)

Ah man......you DIDN'T go there!!! ahahahahah

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: