Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dan & Mike's Crazy Mountain Rally Challange
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
z28redline

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Dan & Mike's Crazy Mountain Rally Challange Reply with quote

Dan & Mike’s Crazy Mountain Rally Challenge

Were looking at putting on a driving rally that will be based out of Vancouver B.C. We are going to take you through some of the twisty steep mountain roads that lye right in our back yards.

The preliminary plan so far would be a Friday night meeting for dinner; probably at a local restaurant. Wake up early Saturday morning for a one day crazy mountain rally returning that night. Sunday would be breakfast and repairs for whoever’s car didn’t make it. Maybe stay and do a barbeque lunch as well depending on when you guys want to leave.

Be warned that the route we have chosen is going to be a long hard run. We will cover approximately 350 Miles in one day! The short stops planned will be Whistler, Pemberton, Lillooet, Hells Gate Twisted Evil , & Hope. The whole drive will be going right through the mountains on mainly secondary highways. Mike and I have been talking about doing something of this nature for a while. It’s really going to be an endurance test to see if everyone can make it.

So what do you guys think? I was playing around with maybe the beginning of September as the time frame.

**Just to clarify, this is NOT a ballz out anything goes road race. It is expected that everyone will be drving within the speed limit.**

Last edited by z28redline on Mon May 22, 2006 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it isn't a real RALLY, I am sporting all of about 2" of ground clearance. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
z28redline

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paved roads only. Mike is going and I don't think he has anymore then that.

z28redline
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, hopefully we can nail down firm dates here in the next couple of weeks, so I can get a time off request in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweeeet. i am in. i could drive my six Very Happy
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By rally are we talking balls out here? I mean I'm game for some spirited driving... but with a bunch of people many of whom don't have any trained experience, myself included, could be potentially hazardous.
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this is probably more of a street-legal endurance race over a windy twisty "road course". it better be legal, the last thing i need is to spend the night in jail in canada Canada and become sombodys bitch eh?

Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xophertony wrote:
sweeeet. i am in. i could drive my six Very Happy

Me too, being that's all I got Very Happy Time off permitting, of course Razz
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once i get mine back from my buddy (finnaly drew a line, pay me or give it back Mad ) all it realy needs is a clutch and a fluids tuneup to be battle ready again. i would like to throw a dual fan setup from a TPI on it, and clean the IAC as well, it has a mild idle surge.

then i can take corners AND get 23+MPG Wink
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Road rally's, you drive the speed limit, and try to get to the end, as close to averaging the speed limit, as possible. Its not a race.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the way dan put it it was looking a little hairy!

Just had to make sure. Ya know!
z28redline

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No this isn't a ballz out rally. I would expect everyone to follow the rules of the road. I just wanted everyone to know it isn't going to be just another drive down the freeway. It's fun road to drive.

z28redline
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds awesome. The sooner we firm up dates the better. This one is actually far enough out that I should be able to get it in the plan.

Thanks guys. I know we talked about something for last July but it just didn't work out.

Let's see, Dan, Mikey and most likely Rich will be involved and yet we are claiming that all rules of the road will be adhered too...

Laughing so hard it hurts

I have never seen some of the country we are talking about covering so this definitely has my interest up.

Canada

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the idea then is to maintain your speed through many corners, or when required brake and get back up to speed again quickley. realy this is like an "agressive" cruise. like what we were doing on the way back from the viewpoint, but a little more speed in the corners, right?

or am i off base?

anyway. sounds freaking cool. and well worth driving to the great white north for.

we should re-name it "Dan & Mike’s Crazy Canadian/American Mountain Asphault-Rally Organised Event" or DAMCCAMAROE for short Very Happy ok that name sucks. but i spent three minutes on that acronym so i posted it anyway.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Paul, Road rally's, you drive the speed limit, and try to get to the end, as close to averaging the speed limit, as possible. Its not a race.

That's a true road rally. Staggered starts for each team. Start to finish through several stages, the team closest, without going over/under, to the specified time wins.
z28redline

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schultzy89GTA wrote:
Let's see, Dan, Mikey and most likely Rich will be involved and yet we are claiming that all rules of the road will be adhered too...

Yeah, well this is a family site so I had to say something.

z28redline
CheezX

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich is a law-abiding citizen and holds the police/RCMP in the highest regard. Very Happy

Dan, did you want to make this a TSD rally? We used to do some putting around the city that way, was kinda fun. But on the highways you can't really get lost so there's no navigation side of it. You would never have trouble keeping up to the target speed. Also, someone would have to measure out the distance beforehand. I think it could be better referred to as an endurance cruise.

These are beautiful roads, and make for a great drive. Even if you're not into the twisties, the scenery is nice. Canyon wall on one side, river on the other.

Dewey, make sure to get your bumpstops set right and tuck in the fender liners. The roads will be smooth but have steps at the pavement transitions and possibly some dips. My biggest problem now is buzzing the fender lip on the front, but that's because I broke the bumpstop on that side. That's what I get for having only 7/16" travel. Embarassed Maybe I just need to put some Koni's on.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the bump stops on, I only have about 5/8" of travel though.

I need to get the Koni strut/shock mounted stops also, to gain back a hair of travel, but still have functioning stops.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheezX wrote:
Also, someone would have to measure out the distance beforehand.

Measured in miles or kilometers? Confused Most of us have a KPH scale on the speedo, but the trip meter is another issue. Smile I have no problem myself with my Dakota Digital gauges which can be switched to metric and calibrated from in the car. Very Happy
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfff, you are assume some of our speedo's even work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: