Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some focker tried to steal my car!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Some focker tried to steal my car! Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Bang bang #$%^&* Smashy Smashy

Some idiot broke in, stole all the car's paperwork (bill of sale, insurance stuff, roadside assistance info, registration, original owner's manual) and my cell phone out of the center console, and did alot of damage to the steering column and almost ripped the turn signal lever completely off. No damage to the exterior, except the passenger-side door handle is really loose now. Feels like it's going to come off in your hand when you open the door.

On the positive side, they left my tools and everything else in the back, and they were worth alot more than my cell phone. They also didn't manage to completely steal the car, so that's another good thing. The police have already done a report but they don't expect to come up with any suspects, and the insurance won't cover anything really, since the damage is less than the deductable.

Just another crappy day to add to the list. Ugh Evil or Very Mad
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear kelly.

btw, i know how you feel, my car has been broken into 3 times now. but they have never gotten the car (go V.A.T.S)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, sorry to hear that Kelly. I too know how it feels getting your car broken into and almost stolen. I found out who did it and was going to go beat the Shi% out of him but he was arrested for theft, possesion, and assault. Hope things work out for you gettin it fixed.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it happen in your driveway? That happened to me. Bastards.

How come you had your bill of sale in there? And who would steal registration info? Make sure you keep your house locked, they might be after that next.

Sucks dude.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Make sure you keep your house locked, they might be after that next.

Steal a house?? Shocked

That sucks Kelly. We've never had anything broken, but somebody stole the amplifier, cd's, and Deb's purse out of her car here once. I'd just fixed the street lamp over where we park that week. Promptly unplugged that thing! Just gave the theives light to steal by. Mad
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[stan voice] Thats f*cked up right there! [/stan voice]

Be thankful that whoever it was was an amature. As soon as I get the RS running again, I'm installing an ignition kill switch in a hidden location. Hopefully I won't get a defective switch like the one Lance used in 'Hugger'. Sad

kidcamaro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey rs freak your in a band right? if so do you have any demo cds out. id like to give it a listen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
Did it happen in your driveway? That happened to me. Bastards.

How come you had your bill of sale in there? And who would steal registration info? Make sure you keep your house locked, they might be after that next.

Sucks dude.
kelly doesn't have much of a driveway... its more of a err... side of the road hovel for your car Surprised

i was afraid for my beretta when I dropped his stuff off from paully ...

but then again, i parked further out from the curb than i should have LMAO

kelly need a steering column by any chance? theres one sitting at my moms house if anyone would like to meet him half way with it or anything...

doesn't have vats, but it works atleast (from my 83z)

Soon to be less than stock
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support guys. I drove it to work and back, and it seems to run/steer OK. I'm going to need a new plastic cover for the steering column but the column & ignition seem untouched. I'll also have to replace the turn signal pod it looks like, unless I figure out what the problem is and it's not that serious. Maybe it just needs re-attached.

I'm very thankful for VATS now, lol. The police said they don't have much hope of catching anyone for it, unless they catch him doing it to another car and he confesses to doing my car too.

I don't have a driveway, it was right across the street where I can see it from my window at all times. I have never heard of anyone stealing the paperwork for a car, but they sure as hell did. I don't know why I had the bill of sale in there, just never took it out, I guess. They took EVERYTHING out of the center console, even the CC flyers and the paperclip I had bent so I could get the codes from the ASDL.

Aaron, you left like 2 feet between the curb and your car, and people drive up this street like they are Mario Andretti, lmao.

As soon as I can afford it, I guess I better get an alarm on it. Rolling Eyes
TecherB
Princess B

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumber about the car dude at least it still works i have had stuff stolen out of my car in my folkses drive way the stold water damaged amp and speakers and a busted radio. served them right lol
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO They had ample opportunity to steal my 14 year old factory cassette deck, I can't imagine why they didn't! It's probably worth at least 28 cents, jeez!
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone stole my dad's carburator once!

And in my driveway someone broke in stole 1 cd, radar detector and a $.99 flashlight.. bastards that was an awesome flashlight too
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer Kelly. BTW, I have a spare pre'bent paperclip if you need one.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90RSrocks wrote:
LMAO They had ample opportunity to steal my 14 year old factory cassette deck, I can't imagine why they didn't! It's probably worth at least 28 cents, jeez!

It would have been alright if they did 'cause I would have given you my 13 year old one. It even plays CDs (sometimes)! Very Happy

z28redline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks to hear. Theres not really much you can do to stop petty crime these days. An alarm will help you from someone stealing the car but as for a smash and run type crime there not of much help. I personally try not to leave anything in my car besides the insurance papers which, may I add are just photocopies with my address blanked out. I'm also currently looking into the grant removeable steering wheel just so it's that much harder to take. Probably overkill, but then again I don't have VATS Rolling Eyes
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny you mention that dan, i was thinking about getting a Sparco or Momo wheel, and a quick release hub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roshambo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that sucks man. Sorry to hear they trashed everything, but, as least you still have your car! Shocked

Thats one of the good things about living in Langolia.. don't have to worry about little POS thieves.

-Joe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roshambo wrote:
don't have to worry about little POS thieves.

:nods: only big hairy toothless thieves Wink :nods:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: