Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

Well.. as some of you know I am in a band, and music is a big part of my life.

I listen to a lot of heavy metal and euro metal. But then I also kick back and listen to some good classic rock or country. I mean, honestly, nothing can really beat Deep Purple or Dwight Yoakum.

I was just wondering what most of you guys listen to? Whether it be when you are cruising, working, at the gym, or just hanging out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to metal, rap, r&b, country, jazz, blues, rock, classical rock, techno, trance and the moldie oldies Very Happy
TecherB
Princess B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to just about every thing but i do not enjoy country at all and dont really care for rap all that much
Roshambo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me until the Dwight Yokum.. Laughing Although he is a great actor.

I pretty much listen to everything but country and pop... Lately I have been listening to alot of APC and Tool.. and the new Offspring is pretty decent too.

-Joe

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnnyIROC-Z

1995 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAP FO SHIZZLE MY NIZZLE EASTSIIIDE COUVE YO
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Music Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:
nothing can really beat Dwight Yoakum.
Umm, actually, I'd enjoy beating Mr. Yoakum. Twisted Evil I despise country crap, er, music.

Other than that, I can tolerate most anything except oldies from the 60's/70's. I usually listen to 80's, 90's, modern rock, classic rock, Big Band, Jazz, Classical, Rap (westside yo!), R&B, smooth jazz/easy listening, and adult contemporary.

Fav artists/bands: Def Leppard, Sting, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Nat King Cole, Phil Collins, Frank Sinatra, Nickleback, Journey, and Foreigner.

I play Cornet & Trumpet, so I have favorites there too: Herbert L. Clarke, Harry James, Louis Armstrong, Thara Memory, Rick Braun, Chuck Mangione, Maynard Fergason, Wynton Marsalis.
Red91RSCamaro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roshambo wrote:
Lately I have been listening to alot of APC and Tool.. and the new Offspring is pretty decent too.

-Joe

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......TOOL Very Happy
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roshambo wrote:
and the new Offspring is pretty decent too.

-Joe

still not as good as the really old offspring. at least it wasn't another 'pretty fly for a white guy' Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im into, Rap, Rock and hard rock. I hate country and classical! I play drums too but havent practiced in about a year cuz i sold my drumset for parts for the T/A a while back. Crying or Very sad Mad Very Happy
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project_1986_TA wrote:
Im into, Rap, Rock and hard rock. I hate country and classical! I play drums too but havent practiced in about a year cuz i sold my drumset for parts for the T/A a while back. Crying or Very sad Mad Very Happy

Heh, remind me of my buddy that plays the drums. His engine had a knock in one of the lifters, and it was god damn annoying. But he never noticed it. And when I finally pointed it out he said

"It aint broken, it is just keeping the beat"

Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink Floyd to Nine Inch Nails.
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to pretty much everything that isn't country (a very few songs have caught my attention over the years but thats about it), rap (ICP isn't rap, Outkast is iffy, and the rest I don't listen to unless it was pre-92), christian/gospel, or something like classic show tunes or something like that...

Rock (Alternative, Hard, not so much on the soft)
Metal (Black, Death, Heavy, etc)
Industrial (Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Einsturzende Beubauten, etc)
Electronica/Industrial (Apoptygma Berzerk, VNV Nation, Covenant, etc)
Easy Listening (Kitaro, etc)
Blues (BB King, Dr John, Eric Clapton, John Lee Hooker, etc)
Grunge (Nirvana, PearlJam, Screaming Trees, 7 year bitch, etc)

then I have some less categorizable things...

Bjork, Paul Winter, Peter Murphy, Enigma, Sandra Cretu, Michael Cretu, things of that nature...

My music selection is rather umm, large... heh.

so pretty much anything people name I've usually got it :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a band too! Check the link in my sig (I'm the bass player). I listen to metal for the most part, old and new. Right now Mudd Vayne is my favorite. I also like Tool, Korn, and Linkin Park.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, you guys travel a bit. I see you played at the Paris in Portland last oct. I'd dl some mp3s from your hosted place but they want me to register and I'm sleepy!
Laserbeak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge fan of Eurobeat and music that's played during the day on C89.5. I'm also a big fan of Smooth Jazz in general. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSFreak wrote:
I'm in a band too! Check the link in my sig (I'm the bass player). I listen to metal for the most part, old and new. Right now Mudd Vayne is my favorite. I also like Tool, Korn, and Linkin Park.

There was an error connecting. Maybe you could send me your stuff one day. My band's site is www.shadedenmity.com if you havent checked us out before. We are melodic death metal in the style of Children Of Bodom and Dark Tranquility. Heh.. I am a bassist too though.

The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check your site out tonight. Some friends of mine in a band called Shadow Demon are really into Children of Bodom. You should get on SMO if you aren't already.

-John

BTW, my guitarist drives a Camaro too! We are truely "METAL!!!" Very Happy
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSFreak wrote:
I'll check your site out tonight. Some friends of mine in a band called Shadow Demon are really into Children of Bodom. You should get on SMO if you aren't already.

-John

BTW, my guitarist drives a Camaro too! We are truely "METAL!!!" :D
unfortunately, i picture you with a mullet now

I have no idea why because i know you don't have one :lmao:

btw when are you going to give me a CD? ;)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could toss in a couple of pennies too! Laughing

I've really gotten into what I like to call "Technical Rock" where the people playing are soooo clean, it's almost Technical! Also, the way EVERYTHING goes together in the sound, nothing standing alone.

Dream Theater, Savatage, MSG, Satriani, the OLD Vai, Eric Johnson, I also really enjoyed the Dimmu Borgir (Perfection or Vanity) that Aaron sent me a while back, got any more??!! That was good stuff!)

Also, SRV (I know, he's not rock, but come on!! It's Stevie! and he was very, very, very good!) SRV of course brings us into the Kenny Wayne Shephard and Jonny Lang area too, is there "Technical Blues" next?!!)

I just really can't stand the stuff that doesn't "make sense" musically. About 99.69986352647% of the "music" that has been released in the last 10 years just sucks as far as I'm concerned. Especially the stuff that gets on the radio. Music for the "sheeple" It's all formulaic, even the "rebellious" stuff (Goth, death metal, etc.) still follows a fomula.
If the people playing on the songs seemed like they had a trace of talent, I would probably listen to them. Rolling Eyes

However, some notable exceptions to the today's music rule: Vertical Horizon, Train, Default, Dave Matthews, to name a couple! THEY have talent as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy listening to just about everything they've ever put out.

Anyway, there's my ante! Very Happy
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PonchoTA wrote:
I guess I could toss in a couple of pennies too! :lol:

I've really gotten into what I like to call "Technical Rock" where the people playing are soooo clean, it's almost Technical! Also, the way EVERYTHING goes together in the sound, nothing standing alone.

Dream Theater, Savatage, MSG, Satriani, the OLD Vai, Eric Johnson, I also really enjoyed the Dimmu Borgir (Perfection or Vanity) that Aaron sent me a while back, got any more??!! That was good stuff!)

Also, SRV (I know, he's not rock, but come on!! It's Stevie! and he was very, very, very good!) SRV of course brings us into the Kenny Wayne Shephard and Jonny Lang area too, is there "Technical Blues" next?!!)

I just really can't stand the stuff that doesn't "make sense" musically. About 99.69986352647% of the "music" that has been released in the last 10 years just sucks as far as I'm concerned. Especially the stuff that gets on the radio. Music for the "sheeple" It's all formulaic, even the "rebellious" stuff (Goth, death metal, etc.) still follows a fomula.
If the people playing on the songs seemed like they had a trace of talent, I would probably listen to them. :roll:

However, some notable exceptions to the today's music rule: Vertical Horizon, Train, Default, Dave Matthews, to name a couple! THEY have talent as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy listening to just about everything they've ever put out.

Anyway, there's my ante! :D
Paul I've got any and all albums Dimmu Borgir has put out ;)

good stuff...
I'd also recommend In Flames, the Cumshots, and oh.. a little of Meshuggah as well...

I can't believe you listen top Train though :shock: :oops:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: