Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

car project father and son ..Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott in wa.

1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: car project father and son ..Help Reply with quote

Ok,
I need some advice.
I need to buy injectors, I had the heads ported, 1.94 valves, they are 52cc, .060 over 350, 10/1 comp. roller hot cam, roller rockers. 350.

1. I need bosch style injectors?
2. Can I go 28lb?
3. How will the car run if I go to big on the injectors?
4. I need adjustable fuel regulator, which one do I need ?
5. Iam looking at headers, I have an air pump, do I go long tube, or short tube? Can I set it up for duel cats? and what will it get me if I go that way?
what will I gain if I go with shorties vs long tube?
6, I will need a chip burnt.?
7. Torque converter,I need one , is 2200 to 2600 ok to do? which one do I need to get?

Iam gettng close to haveing the motor complete, maybe I will put it in this weekend?

thanks in advance
scott and son.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

I'll take what I can.

1. I need bosch style injectors?

Yes.

2. Can I go 28lb?

Can, yes, should? maybe. With a 350 and a hotcam, you would probably be alright with 24lbs injectors, or the 24lbs SVO's which are pretty reasonably priced.

3. How will the car run if I go to big on the injectors?

If you go with injectors that are two large, your commanded pulse-width will get very small at idle, causing a very eratic idle, or in and extreme case, it will not be able to idle.

4. I need adjustable fuel regulator, which one do I need ?

There are many options here, any TPI afpr will work.

5. Iam looking at headers, I have an air pump, do I go long tube, or short tube? Can I set it up for duel cats? and what will it get me if I go that way? what will I gain if I go with shorties vs long tube?

This is hottly debated. Generaly (key word) Shorties do better at high RPMs, whereas long tubes will do better at low-mid rpms. Long tubes are a very nice match for the TPI power-band, but long tubes are harder to fit in the car, and generaly require some fabrication. For the $$$ and ease of installation, shories are that route that most people take.

As for the air pump, if you plan to retain the emmisions equipment, you will need to get headers that have the AIR tubes on the primaries, so that you can hook the air-pump back up. If you choose to elemenate the air pump, you can get headers without them.

6, I will need a chip burnt.?

Yes, it will require a chip. I would suggest getting into doing this yourself, there is no mail-order service that will get you the tune you want out of this combo. The only way to get it running properly is to spend the time doing the hands-on tuning.

7. Torque converter,I need one , is 2200 to 2600 ok to do? which one do I need to get?

I think somewhere in that range is right in the ball-park. I wouldn't go much higher on the stall than that, as the sweet spot on TPI will be between 2500-4500 RPM.

maybe I will put it in this weekend?

was that supposed to be a question. Wink Wink Wink That one I can't answer. (I'm only Joking. If you do get to working on it, be sure to take pictures for us!!!!)

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scott in wa.

1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: engine parts Reply with quote

Wow, thanks

lol.

If I go long tube will is sound better??? will I gain any horse power if I delete all the emission stuff? how much?

LT4 hot cam, sorry
is there a specific converter I should look at?
Its a 700r4 trany correct ??
thanks
scott
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a 700r4,

I'm not an automatic guy, someone one else will probably direct you to a brand or manufture to buy. I know a lot of the descision will depend on the price range.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: