Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 162hp Suburban is GONE! And in it's place...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: The 162hp Suburban is GONE! And in it's place... Reply with quote

Saturday of last week I received a notice from a local car dealership that I was "garunteed approved. If we can't approve you, we'll give you $1,000 cash." Since this dealer has declined me before for zero credit, I thought it'd be easy money. Well it wasn't easy money, for me at least. I ended up getting the $1,000, but it was as trade value for my '85 Suburban. I put $50 cash down and the Suburban for a 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT Club Cab 4x4. I got the truck for a hair under $10,000. With a 2 year/24,000mile warrenty it came up to $11,500 for the loan. It has the 3.9 V6 with 5speed manual trans and 3.55 gears.

So far I am very happy with it. I'm not looking at this as getting a new truck, but as a way of establishing credit. Payments are right around $275 a month with insurance being $243 a month. That's about half of what I make in a month.

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dudelovett
Mustang Sally

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lookin truck. I'm sure your decrease in fuel costs will offset the loan payment Razz
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudelovett wrote:
I'm sure your decrease in fuel costs will offset the loan payment Razz

Thanks for the compliment. And I'm doubting the fuel costs will come into effect. I would be lucky if I put 40-50 miles a month on the suburban. But the payments are offset by the fact that the Dakota windows that actually roll down, a radio, and A/C. When I did calculate fuel economy with the suburban, I managed 13mpg towing a 5,500-6,000lb trailer from my home to Salem. So it wasn't "that" bad, but this is definately for the better.

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking truck Charlie! You could have had a thirdgen for a lot less though Wink

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking rig. I drove my buddies v6/5speed dakota awhile back and it was pretty quick for what it was.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schultzy89GTA wrote:
You could have had a thirdgen for a lot less though

I could have, but this dealership was the only place that would approve my loan for anything; and they didn't have any third gen's. Hell, my own bank wouldn't approve me for $2000 when I was trying to buy Jess' GTA.

I took the truck to PIR last saturday just to see what it'd do. My thoughts of it being slow were confirmed with runs ranging from 18.65 @ 72.75mph to a best of 18.17 @ 73.28.

A third gen would've been a lot more fun, but wouldn't be as much fun out in the sand/mud as this is.

Charlie
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just teasing you charlie. that is a nice truck.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: