Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

700r4 for a 83 bird with a 79 chevy small block

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjprince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: 700r4 for a 83 bird with a 79 chevy small block Reply with quote

Does anyone local have a 700R4 Tranny for a 1983 Firebird that has a 1979 305 in it? I am on a REALLY tight buget and cant afford alot so dont want to go through EBAY and have to pay alot of shipping on such a heavy item.

I also need a engine harness for the 83 bird with a CARB'D 305....this one is REALLY important for me

Kevin

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a wire harness for an LG4, that looked to be in perfect shape. It is everything if I recall right, right down to the tail light bulb holders.
$50
kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

three questions...

1 call me a dope but i havent learned all the VIN specs for these cars (i know i know time to get skined and flauged lol) so i dont know exactly what "LG4" means (is there a web site that can tell me all this stuff for next time?). I assume that it means carb'd 305 (but my momma once told me that assuming makes a "ass" out of "u" and "me" so i dont want to assume lol.

2. How to get up here to Portland metro? would you ship or would you be getting up here in the next month or two to meet?

3. Is that the entire car harness or just the engine (all i need is the engine but for $50 if it is the whole thing i would still take it)

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LG4 = Carbed 305

It is the whole car harness. I am going down to dig in my shed this weekend and I will find it and spead it out so I can grab some pics for you. Should be heading through Portland in early June on my way to Cows, as should you. Wink
kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whole harnes is fine, if nothing else if i find bad areas i can replace them too.....early June also good i have a lot of interior to work on too. Is cows a get together? I am hoping as soon as my bird is flying that i will be able to go to some of the portland area gatherings

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjprince wrote:
Is cows a get together?

Party With The Cows has been one of the largest gatherings in the crew for the three years that it has been held.

Party With The Cows IV Thread

-Schultzy

Last edited by Schultzy89GTA on Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool....dont know if i can make it this year but my car should be done (other then paint really) by next year and some gatherings later this summer. Let me know when you will be here and where to meet you after you get some pics for me. I can meet you pretty much anywhere in portland but would prefer west side or west side metro. email me the info when you can. my email is in my sig but incase it isnt kjprince@comcast.net

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
Flyte risk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if your willing to wait the june time frame I know where a 700R4 is locally.

Has the vette servo and .500 boost valve installed.
kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much???

did you get my PM?

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to hold off on the harness untill i find out if the 4 cyl will work, might have to drive with that for a little bit and get it tag'd but if i end up needing it later i would take it then, if you still have it of course. Thanks for the offer though

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: