Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Machine shops in the Portland area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Machine shops in the Portland area Reply with quote

Well, I got a couple quotes from some local machine shops, and I was just wondering if anyone's heard of them before.. or if any red flags go up when you hear the name lol. I'm hoping I wont have to build a new motor, and can find one in a classifieds or something (heck I'd even take a 305 right now, I just want my car to run! lol) ... but I dont want screwed over when I shell out the money for a motor lol.

Beaverton Auto Machine & Engine Parts

-They were the most expensive of the three, didnt seem too personable on the phone either.

Steve's Precision Machine

-The guy who answered the phone was nice, knowledgable, and tried to make sure that I knew exactly what I wanted. Wasnt the cheapest, but not the steepest.

Gray's Automotive Machine

-These guys are the cheapest. They didnt seem unfriendly on the phone, nor did they sound like they cared if they had my business. I'd be more than likely to be going with this one since I'm a poor college student trying to make my car scoot once more lol.

I also went into Gray's Automotive Machine the other day just to scope it out real fast, and ask them for a quote on getting screw in studs installed on my 416 heads, they quoted me 150 (that's a lot more than I was expecting!). The place looked clean enough, guy still didnt seem to care if he had my business or not though, and really didnt sound too helpful.

Or if anyone has a 305 that they have sitting in a corner taking up space, I'd be willing to take that off your hands Cool lol.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like C's Machine Shop in Vancouver.
maui

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo Engine Service in Oregon City does great work. They are great engine builders as well as machiniest. They also do heads. I used them to build my 396 for my old chevelle and recently had them build a 327 for my camaro. Give em a call 503-659-9536.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used Paolo in Oregon City to mill my heads. They were good to work with and come highly recommended.

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to give them a call when my heads are ready for some machine work (after I port em Why me why me? ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: