Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old crew members car

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlie6178

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: old crew members car Reply with quote

It's been a million years since I posted on here, but I do lurk from time to time. The last few years I haven't been paying much attention to my camaro, I have been busy with other toys. Last year I decided to get my 1992 Z28 1LE L98 out again and spend some time and money on it. I first bought a miniram, some ported heads, and planned on making it a little faster.. then got a wild hair and decided to go full old school 90's build. I located a set of new in box SLP 1 3/4 stainless headers, y pipe, and 2OTL exhaust, an SLP Dana 44 with 3.92's, an SLP TB top plate, some SLP floor mats, and decided I had to have a T ram intake.

Fast forward, got in touch with an old crew member dave who had been on here for years. He had one of the cleanest nicest blue 87 iroc-z camaros I remember seeing, and it had the rare GM SLP T ram intake on it. With ALL of the correct pieces. The right fuel line kit, water inlet, belt gaurd, cruise / TV cable setup, everything. It had a bad distributor gear on the cam, and hadn't run in damn near a decade. We talked for a a few weeks, and I made a couple big offers on the intake, and I ended up buying the whole car, and all of his parts with it.

His car came with an HSR intake, fuel rails, another camshaft, and virtually every part I needed to fix it and get it running again. So I bought it all as a package, swapped cams, intakes, injectors, and made it a perfect runner, and sold it to a local car collector who fell in love with it.

Now that is all done, I am getting ready to tear into my 1LE and do the full blown 90's SLP catalog build. One of the cool things I scored out of the deal was a set of NIB SLP ZR1's for the third gens built back in the 90's. They were 17x8 on all 4 so I sent 2 down to LA and had them widened to 17x11 and I got them on the car and put some miles on it this last month. I'm going to tear into it and get the T ram on it in the next few weeks.

I joined this forum back in high school when I got my first third gen, an 83 trans am, and I remember meeting a bunch of cool local third gen guys back then through this forum. I know it's died off quite a bit, but figure I would still post op about this, and see if anybody on here remembered daves blue 87 iroc and wondered what happened to it.

iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Dave's car is absolutely beautiful. I remember him being on the fence about what to do when that cam gear wiped itself out. It's a sad end to a long obsession. I guess everyone grows, and some grow out of their obsessions. I'm glad the car is with a collector now though. The amount of effort and attention payed to that car was immense.

Having said that, I'm ecstatic to see the T-ram running around. Those were amazingly cool intakes. I vaguely remember your user name, I doubt I ever met you though. Welcome back.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool story at least all the stuff is going places it is used.

Yeah, the forums don't get used much, its a new world where everyone goes to facebook and stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
charlie6178

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah daves car was drop dead gorgeous. I put a smaller cam, the steath ram, and smaller injectors in it and the car screams for what it is. I am waiting on a few parts for my Dana to get here then I will be swapping the T ram onto my 1LE car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: