Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Car Won't Start Post

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjprince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Another Car Won't Start Post Reply with quote

I've got a 83 FB with the L4 engine in it, i am building a 305 for it but would like to see how the engine is working. I put it on a charger/jump starter and the light come on but when i try to crank it nothing happens (AT ALL). if i push down on the cluch all the lights die and nothing happens again untill i get a little bit of a charge in the battery then the same thing over again. I checked the started (took to Baxter's) and it works fine. I pulled the 5 speed out to check it a long time ago and found it was toast but that shouldn't be the problem right? Is there a kill swich in the clutch some where? i've checks all fueses and they are all fine and the car drove home (4 years ago) most of the way befor the tranny gave out compleatly. I know i am putting in the 5.0 but I would like to see if the 4 banger will work incase i have to do a engine swap for DEQ. If there is a switch that i am missing where is it and does anyone have any pics or better yet diagrams for it. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

desperate in Hillsboro

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an ignition cutout on the clutch pedal (looks like another brake switch if I recall correctly) and keeps the car from starting until the clutch is depressed. Another one of those innovations put on the car for YOUR safety! Most people just bypass it (short the wires together) because it goes out pretty frequently.

Also check to make sure all the wiring is correct in the starting circuit. Especially your ground side... Your battery sounds like it is weak too, I'd replace it.

hth

kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know where the cut off is.....if anyone has one a diagram would be nice, a pic too

anyone......anyone lol

kevin

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reiterate:

PonchoTA wrote:
There is an ignition cutout on the clutch pedal (looks like another brake switch if I recall correctly) ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: