Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did the grown up thing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Did the grown up thing Reply with quote

This getting old stuff sucks. Laughing

Did the MRA thing and actually bought our very first NEW car. Proud owners of a new 2015 Accord Sport. Replaced her yota. Funny story. We were looking to buy the 2016 civic that just come out. Looked at one in Longview on a Sunday. Got our financing pre-approved during the week then sold her yota to a private party Saturday morning. Cash in hand we drive the jeep into Vancouver to Hannah honda. A russian salesman comes out. Heavy accent. We ask to see a civic and he's "why you want civic sedan?" umm.. commuter car, its brand new.. like show us one. "none for sale!" wha? Honda stop sale, recall. So I say there was a color we wanted to check out. The guy wouldn't even show us a car with that color. Civic or not. So we jumped back in the jeep and headed towards home.

She gets on the net and finds out some dumbass on the assembly line didn't install the wrist pin keepers correctly on honda 2.0 motors. So every civic thats not a turbo has to come apart.

We pull into the longview dealer and they too say they can't sell us a civic. Now we're kinda screwed as we've allready sold her car and she doesn't want a new toyota. Doesn't like the looks of them. She's getting pissed. So i'm like.. damn.. what do the new accords start at? Salesman goes to get some keys. We're looking over a 2016 and just don't like it. Sad Start walking around and find the last 2015 on the lot. Black, 18" wheels, dual exhaust and its only $1k more then the civic. So we bring her home. Smile

It's not a new challenger or camaro, but it looks pretty nice and is pulling down 30+ mpg. Even better she comes home much happier.

QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accord is a solid pick. Saw one of the new ones in person, man the accord has gotten big!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice man!

As I get older I enjoy just getting into a nice vehicle turning the key and going where I need to go without any fuss and farting and popping or leaking seals or......... I still love driving a hot rod around though!

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civic is now the size of the accord, and accord grew some more.

Ya, we're trying to keep one car exactly as you say. Quiet stock and can just jump in and go anywhere, with other people even. With a jeep and 2 firebirds the others don't really match that description.
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I finally retired the 84 ae86 I drove everyday and moved to a 07 SS supercharged cobalt. Spoiled with leather and heated seats now. Some of these economy cars cant be beat lol

What was the HP rating on the accord now. I thought they were pretty stout now!

9.17 @ 148
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours is a 4cylinder dohc 16valve ivtec direct injected. The sport gets dual exhaust which adds.... 4hp and 1ft/lb!!! LOL so 186hp. With the CVT trans and paddle shifters it goes plenty well. V6 has 278hp. Motors so smooth and quiet too. Climbing over a mountain in cruise and you look down and the cvt has adjusted so the motors revving 3k but you'd never know it. Top the hill and it slowly drops back down to like 1800. Some magazine tested one and got 15.5 in the quarter.

Sport adds 18" wheels, rear spoiler, fog lights, dual exhaust, dual zone heating and 10 way power drivers seat. Plus a suspension more tuned for handling. Though its still a comfy ride.

Honda's still a bit behind in the electronics. No memory seats or heaters. It does have back up camera and bluetooth but no touch screen. Which is fine with me, the control knob works very well.

It has alot more bells and whistles then the old car. Hell the old one had crank windows. But other then traction/stability control none of the nanny stuff like lane holding and radar cruise/auto brake. Which is perfect for us. The only thing I really wish it had would be integrated GPS.
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as that integrated gps was better then GM's......... I have had it on the CTS-V as well as the wifes denali and it sucks lol I end up grabbing the mio and using it instead.

9.17 @ 148
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll keep using Waze. But having a map on the dash screen would have been nice.
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda thieves are keeping the dream alive. This made me think of this thread, although I doubt you'll have a problem that far out. Laughing

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/hondas-targeted-for-wheels-orange-county-deputies-say
Alphius
Peanut

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I just saw that too and thought of Brandon.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbor had a new Civic in his garage a few days after you couldn't buy one. I wonder if it was just a regional thing.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably bought the turbo. The stop sale included all of US and Canada but did not include the 1.5t
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped by the dealer to pick up our plates tonight. Several of the new civics on the lot now. Evidently they're just doing an endoscope inspection and hoping for the best.

Was comparing a 2016 sport vs our 2015. Nearly identical, but figured out why we thought the 16s were ugly. The front grille now has a huge chrome bar across the front. Confused
aaron_sK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
The front grille now has a huge chrome bar across the front. Confused

Must be left over from Acura.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's broke down. Laughing Seems when the weather's nice the antitheft immobilizer throws a fit. Deb couldn't get it to start tonight. Last few nights acted up too, but tonight took 1.5 hrs to finally go. Works fine in the morning.l Called Honda and its sitting at the dealer. Happened at an awesome time too of course.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. That is not the norm for Honda brand. Hopefully a quick fix and no repeat.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
aaron_sK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, with Honda you expect a solid 150K and you trade it right in before the sudden, inevitable transmission explosion. This must be a new tack for them. Laughing
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New electronics. Such a higher risk of something failing. It's amazing anymore how much is going on in these cars.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
New electronics. Such a higher risk of something failing. It's amazing anymore how much is going on in these cars.

Its a feature. Not a bug.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: