Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

well i got the codes my car was throwin.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: well i got the codes my car was throwin. Reply with quote

they are 32 and 44.
32 is barometric pressure sensor circuit failure/exhaust gas recirculation valve diagnostic switch-closed during engine start up or open when egr flow requested by ecm/electronic vacum regulator valve error.
44 is lean exhaust indicated.
so what exactly do i need to fix to repair the problem? i have never had a fuel injected car before so i dont know where to start or what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated. also it doesnt seem to make the car run any different when the light comes on. but it does get annoying lol
thanks
corey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: well i got the codes my car was throwin. Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
they are 32 and 44.
32 is barometric pressure sensor circuit failure/exhaust gas recirculation valve diagnostic switch-closed during engine start up or open when egr flow requested by ecm/electronic vacum regulator valve error.
44 is lean exhaust indicated.
so what exactly do i need to fix to repair the problem? i have never had a fuel injected car before so i dont know where to start or what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated. also it doesnt seem to make the car run any different when the light comes on. but it does get annoying lol
thanks
corey
well,my 85 iroc was throwing codes 32,33,34...

replacing the egr switch fixed code 32,mine would only throw a code 32 in the morning,or whenever the car was totally cold.. after it warmed up,if i restarted the car,32 wouldnt show up again.

as for the 44,my first guess would be possibly the O2 sensor? check the fuel pressure,filter,all those lovely things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the engine light only comes on once every few days. when i stop the car and turn it off to go into a store or something the light doesnt come back on. i guess ill have too check into it a bit more to get it fixed. thanks for the response Smile
corey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
the engine light only comes on once every few days. when i stop the car and turn it off to go into a store or something the light doesnt come back on. i guess ill have too check into it a bit more to get it fixed. thanks for the response Smile
corey
well,try this...it worked for me,might work for you...

when the cars cold will it throw the SES light on? ,or is it just intermittent?

dissconect the battery first,and get rid of the present codes.

if it does it when its cold,let the car warm up,go for a drive or whatever,shut the car off,restart it whenver as long as its still warm...then disconnect the battery and restart it,if it throws the SES light again,the problem most likely isnt in the EGR temp switch circuitry.

if it doesnt throw the SES light on,wait until the morning and the cars totally cold,start it up,if it throws an SES light,retrieve the code and i bet its a code 32,replace the egr temp switch. as far as the lean condition,the code 32 and lean code might be tied together,try the check method above if you can...hopefully anyone else who's had this problem can shed some light on the subject.

btw,what kind of car do you have?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt happen when the cars cold only after i drive it for a bit. its a 91z28. will it hurt anything by drivin it like that with the code present?
Roshambo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
will it hurt anything by drivin it like that with the code present?

You wont damage anything with it throwing those codes Corey, it is annoying.... but won't "hurt" anything.

But, it shouldnt cost much to fix it too. Smile

-Joe

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good to know. if i would have known that i woulda brought the camaro to the dyno. Sad
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
it doesnt happen when the cars cold only after i drive it for a bit. its a 91z28. will it hurt anything by drivin it like that with the code present?
ahh,it probably is related to the baro sensor,which i beleive is located under the dash somewhere on the pass side? anyone correct me if im wrong,that might alos be setting off the lean code as well...

i would take the car to knecths,have them run a code scanner on it,see if they can give you realtime data from the car,if possible write it all down,all the knecths carry the code scanners now,and its free to have codes checked {i used to work there hehe}

i cant see the 32 code actually hurting anything,but it is possible,the lean condtion could very well hurt something,dealing with a used car its always a possibility somethings been done,like the knock sensor being unplugged or bypassed,the computer could possibly advance the timing and never "hear" the pinging from a lean condition,in that event the computer wouldnt retard the timing back to reduce the ping...so many things could happen,or it might run forever lol....
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn dude now ya scarin me with that stuff lol maybe ill take it to knecths tommorow after work.
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
damn dude now ya scarin me with that stuff lol maybe ill take it to knecths tommorow after work.
lol,im sorry,didnt mean to scare yua,its just something i personally wouldnt just drive and let it stick around yunno? granted joe is probably right,it probably wont hurt anything,but theres the chance it could yunno? SD cars are cheap to fix,the sensors are all cheap,i was going to switch to SD on my 85 camaro,but i think ive got myself into a carb swap {squint@joe}
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will knecths be able to pin point it? cuz if the can ill order the parts tommorow if i go in.
Roshambo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

84transam383 wrote:
but i think ive got myself into a carb swap {squint@joe}

Bah, whatever.. you are a redneck (from Chicago) and you don't like fuel injection anyways. Very Happy

Ok, back to the topic at hand. Like Marky said, all the stuff you'll need is cheap and easy to fix. Smile

Keep us posted.

-Joe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
will knecths be able to pin point it? cuz if the can ill order the parts tommorow if i go in.
possibly,depends on how intelligent the person is,up here i would say yes,it could be pinpointed,but i cant gaurantee it down there,dont tell them you know anything,just let them tell YOU what they think is wrong with it,if it jives with what you already know,its a good possibility thats the problem.

Roshambo wrote:
84transam383 wrote:
but i think ive got myself into a carb swap {squint@joe}

Bah, whatever.. you are a redneck (from Chicago) and you don't like fuel injection anyways. Very Happy

Ok, back to the topic at hand. Like Marky said, all the stuff you'll need is cheap and easy to fix. Smile

Keep us posted.

-Joe
LMAO i like fuel injection when it works Mad me caveman! me use screwdriver to tune my car!

Edit - Post whoring = bad Mark. Use the trusty edit button next time buddy. Wink -Joe
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i finally got it into knechts and it said egr failure. the part is 65 bucks. does anyone have a pic of it? so i know if its the right one and where it goes. thanks
corey
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know about how long it should take to change it? and what i need to take off to change it. i was told i need to take the plenum off. i dont know how to do that and i dont wanna screw it up. if it looks like it will be a few day project i might need to take it to a shop:(
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,if you want bring the car to albany and i'll letcha use my shop to get it changed{and show yua how} no need to take it too a shop,they would charge an arm and a leg to do it. if yua wanted to come up on like saturday or sunday,id be more then happy to help you replace it,its not that bad of a job,but yes,you do need to take the TPI plenum off to access it.

let me know if yua end up needing help or a place to do it.
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be cool if ya could help. i have never done much on a tpi motor so i have no clue what to do. any idea what gaskets if needed i would need? ill aim ya tommorow night sometime and let ya know whats up.
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll need the TPI runner gaskets, i cant remember if yo ucan get just the upper plenum gaskets or not,and the EGR gasket{although the new EGR should come with a new gasket},if we need anything my shops 2 minutes from knecths,so it shouldnt be a problem. hit me up on AIM if im online, tommorowws going to be one BUSY ass day,so if im not online feel free to call my cell anytime tommoroww 503 559 8013
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt get it this weekend. we had a few things planned so im gettin it next week. maybe this week if the guy who bought my 350 gives me the money. ill give ya a call or hit ya up on aim when i get the part if the offer is still valid.
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
i didnt get it this weekend. we had a few things planned so im gettin it next week. maybe this week if the guy who bought my 350 gives me the money. ill give ya a call or hit ya up on aim when i get the part if the offer is still valid.
yeah,still valid,just let me know. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: