Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Since I totally jeep'd out Paul's thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plugs helped a bunch found some 1 heat range colder with extended tip. But not nearly as extended as stock jeep plugs. Closed the gap up and the rattle is very light now. Now when the wideband shows up its time to start tuning.

Also need to move the piggyback controller inside the firewall. The thing's not weatherproof, and their idea of weatherproofing is leaving it in a bubblewrap bag. Rolling Eyes Plus the plug in for the tuning/datalogging is on the box, so much handier if its inside somewhere.

On a semi surprised note after a few hundred miles there's been no check engine light.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tune the piggyback?
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You can tune both enrichment and timing retard. Uses 3d maps.. guess I got some learnin to do. It will also accept input from the Innovate and log that so you can use that data in their tuning software.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my gauges hooked up finally. Went with a cheapie "Dragon" boost gauge. Funny thing is, it matches my Innovate gauge almost perfectly. I've had it up to 6psi today which is where it's supposed to max out. Don't think i'll be using the gauges 21psi warning light. Laughing

So far it looks like the AFR is pretty close, just watching the meter. As the boost builds the afr slowly drops to 12.5:1. The main thing I need to try to tune out is a hesitation right before boost starts. Maybe I'll try adding a bit of fuel a little earlier.

One bit of disappointment. Found out the Split Second tuner that was sent with my kit does not have the optional input for the wideband. So i'll have to log both seperately. Was thinking of trying to run both programs at the same time to log the same events, but that will require a second serial to usb adapter. Rolling Eyes

Here's a look at my new gauges, the led's give the camera fits. Took 7 or 8 pics before I got most of the lit segments to show up on the pic. Even then the lights that say AFR meter and Innovate on the AFR gauge don't show here.

Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sessy.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy Now if I don't crash in the next few days cause I can't keep my eyes off them while driving!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: