Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1990 IROC convertible for sale...6800.00 SOLD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IROCDave

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: 1990 IROC convertible for sale...6800.00 SOLD Reply with quote

I bought this around 2005. It had 200K miles on it but looked great and ran well. It was repainted and all of the front lighting fixtures replaced in the late 90's by a local chevy dealer.
I bought this for my wife. My 87 IROC experienced a severe problem as some may remember. We have put about 5K miles since. We have invested more than 3K in the car since purchasing. SLP 1 3/4" headers, CATCO cat, BORLA adjustable SS cat back custom fit by a shop in Auburn, chrome 17" ZR1 rims by SLP, new performance tires 4th gen pleather power front seats and rear seats. also have a brand new HSR for it. Might include if the price is right.

The engine is a GMPP crate 350 and the 700R4 has been rebuilt.

Besides the dust the car looks great. The top has blemishes and the carpet is all their but looks like a bottle of Clorox was poured on it. I haven't washed it in a couple of years but it still sparkles in the garage.
6800.00 OBO
Give me a call at 425-948-6093 if interested.

Last edited by IROCDave on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
IROCDave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IROCDave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original rims and seats are included in the sale price. It turns heads and sounds awesome.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC price = 5800.00
Alphius
Peanut

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely interested. I need to go over a few things and I may call you soon to come see it. Is it driveable right now?
Alphius
Peanut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, after a lot of thought I've come to the realization that I don't have the time or space to dedicate to this car, so as much as I would love to buy it from you I am going to have to withdraw. Good luck with the sale, its a beautiful car.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem man. It does run and drive, no issues with that other than keeping the battery charged. We have put less than 500 miles on it the last couple of years and I keep forgetting to put the charger on it.

I filled the tank up this spring and it's still sitting there. Need to run it out and refill with fresh gas and stabil.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

145 views and only 1 response. The Cascade Crew is my equilibrium. Is the asking price to much, do I need to chill and wait for the right person? I don't need to sell, but it would be nice to get some feedback other than a couple of fellow 3rd gen member phone calls asking about my 87.

Be honest and let me know what you think about the price / condition.
Alphius
Peanut

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I have no room to keep both my '84 and your car, every time I look at it I find it very difficult to resist. I've always wanted a clean IROC convertible; a blue '90 is definitely a good combo.

This is a good car because it's been well taken care of and high mileage, so you can drive it every day and not feel bad, but at the same time the high mileage and non-originality do hurt the value a bit. The market for these cars is difficult to gauge, but I feel like you are just a little on the high side.

Keep in mind the location, current weather and time of year are all hurting you right now. If it doesn't sell soon, it probably will in the springtime for not much less than asking price.

Man, I need a garage. If you had waited a couple more years, I might very well have bought it from you.

iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel it's a fair price for how nice the car is. Bad timing for selling a 'vert though!

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was a 91-92. I would merge mine into it.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the wrong time of year but if some one was really looking for a IROC convertible anytime is the right time.

The mileage is really high, hell it was back when I bought it. But it is in really good condition. As most 3rd gen owners know, carpet, seat recovers and basic maintenance items are cheap. The big ticket items are rust repair, paint, trim, hard to find interior pieces, transmission and engine, basically in that order. Most cars you see for sale have a solid drivetrain but need interior and paint. There is a reason for that. I think I spent more than a grand just replacing as many lighting parts and factory stickers on my 87 after I had it repainted along time ago. Parts are not cheap when they are hard to find.

A carpet kit is a couple hundred bucks, recovering the stock seats would be about the same. The paint is better than most IROC's you see for sale, I am just picky when it comes to this. As some of you know I spent about a lot of hours color sanding and buffing out my 87 IROC. So If I don't see perfect reflection in the paint I wont say it's perfect.

Some of you guys have seen the car and can vouch for it. It is no beater and more than worth the price I offered to the CC crew. If I need to wait until next spring I will, not selling it because of a need for cash but rather a want to move on and open up some garage space.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add this link for a walk around of the car after having the Borla cat back reworked at Stan's Headers and installing the SLP SS emissions legal headers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekIHc50zBdU
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggest you hang on to it until spring to get the most money possible.

Also suggest you change the tone a bit. It seems when you talk about it that you're apologizing for the problems. Need to stop that right away. It's a 24 year old car and it stands pretty proud compared to most! You're intimate with the car and notice everything. Let the buyer look for themselves and just be quiet. Only reveal things that must be fixed that are expected to operate properly.

Don't state the miles in any sale ad. High miles turns people away because those cars are usually worn out piles of junk and people price shop your car against other high miles cars. In your case it is irrelevant because of newer engine and good condition of car despite the age. You're selling a nice car with a fairly new engine & trans and you'd let your wife drive it across the country by herself. This is your toy and you're ready for next project.

And one last thing... if somebody is happy with the performance and says it is fast just nod your head yes and smile. Don't talk about other cars that are faster (because you tend to do that). Don't give them reason to question their decision. Wink

Whew! That's a lot of advice. All of meant with good intentions. Best of luck selling! Smile
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it's too bad I don't have more room in my garage or I'd say send it out here and I could sell a rust free car for a premium. I just don't want it to sit outside in our weather.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New thought.... why don't you lower that puppy for a little more wicked look? I see used spring kits for sale all the time. Cheap way to make your car more desirable than the next and get it sold quicker.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the video. Need a totally different video, dude. You're selling a car not an exhaust system. And if you're going to give somebody a sound bite of the exhaust then rev the ***t out of it to give them something to lust over. A 2500 RPM burp just doesn't excite people.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your advise and have heard the same thing from my wife. I suck at selling stuff because I have a hard time looking at things from some another persons perspective. I also have a hard time letting go of my opinions as most of you guy know. Guess that's why I'm not in sales.

I'm not working hard to sell the car and I took the video as an afterthought a couple of years ago after installing the headers. I would take a new one but my video camera went in the drink this summer.

It would look better lowered but it wouldn't drive as well. This thing rides nice, my car is lowered and rides like a floor jack with the Eibach sport springs and Koni struts / shocks.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're not ready to let go of it. Maybe just drive it for a week and see what you think at the end of the week. Will probably force your mind one way or the other.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled the car out Friday and washed it, then gave it a quick detail today. It hasn't been driven much the last couple of years so I ran several errands with it today. It drives like a basically stocker should. No hiccups under any throttle position, doesn't care what the engine temps are, the AC and heat work just like they should, cruises down the road just like it should with no side to side pull, transmission shifts really early in to the next gear but shifts firm, steering feels good and firms up in corners, brakes feel solid, the engine pulls smoothly from idle to redline and it sounded great with the top down.

The new Dunlop tires had a bit of a flat spot from sitting that took about 50 miles to make sorta go away. I forgot how much attention this car gets going down the road. The chrome rims against the dark metallic blue paint make it pop. I had a couple of people go out of their way to talk about the car today which is normal. This is typical, they all start with " I knew someone that bought when they came", then go to " it was a really fun car", then " that's in really good condition" then the long stare and " you know those were really good looking cars" followed by another long pause / stare.

I am ready to move on but not going to give the car away. I have more money in the car than what I am asking and don't plan to move much on the price. It is a really nice car at a good price. Put a couple of hundred dollar carpet kit in it and recover the rear seat side panels and enjoy driving the crap out of it. Or pull it apart and restore it, most of the convertible specific parts are in really good condition so a full restore wouldn't cost more than a much more common coupe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: