Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with prom burning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolffy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: help with prom burning Reply with quote

Im asking for help with burning my first prom & there are some members that have the know how, care to help please

i wanna see if i have the basics down first, i have the prom burner, the adpater & 2 spare chips

1 i either need to un-soder my existing prom chip or get a bin file from somwhere thats a match or real close

2. plug the adapater into my computer, then plug the factory memcal (maybe wrong term) into the adapter so i have the "safe mode" available?
( im curious why dont the newly burned chips have that option too?) if you used the factory bin to start with, wouldnt it be there too.

3. use the software that came with the pocket programmer to get the factory default bin from my chip

4. use tunercat or similiar, then load the ecu file of 6Ev011.ecu & then your bin file

5. edit the file & save it with tuner cat, then go back to the software for the programmer & burn it to my chip

correct ?

now if some of you more experienced folks could confirm that i have that down, then assist with modifing a bin file i would so much greatly appreciate it

thanxs Shawn

edit im willing to setup a time to chat, around your schedule, my schedule is pretty much open till 4/4/05
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: Start with ARAP.bin... disable VATS and EGR

2: The new chip is strictly driving closed loop calibration. Safe mode in your memcal, is a completely independent chip.

3: Don't start with your factory chip. That reminds me, your factory chip has the provision for the 9th injector. Using the ARAP.bin, there was no 9th injector for this bin was from a vette in 1989, and it added all the extra cranking fuel you need through the injectors. Another reason why It was so hard for you to start your car. No 9th injector, and no extra fuel from startup.

4:Use Tunerpro

5: Edit the file, save. Stack it (which I don't think tunercat does.) Promming 101 has a list of bin sizes. Stack it, to fill all the space with your chip. The ECM looks at the first or last of that size K on whatever chip.

If you turn the engine over and it starts and the SES light is on, you've burned the chip wrong, have the wrong calibration, or the chip is in backwards.
Wolffy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using arap.bin
where im seriously lacking is where do u disable vats & EGR ?
searching tunerpro i find 7 refences for EGR & 0 fot vats
which one to use, as they arent really explicit
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfy's_88IrocZ28 wrote:
using arap.bin
where im seriously lacking is where do u disable vats & EGR ?
searching tunerpro i find 7 refences for EGR & 0 fot vats
which one to use, as they arent really explicit

Vats is a flag/ AKA switch.

EGR are tables, and there should be a flag switch too. Just set all the enable variables to points that would never happen. IE 320deg F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: