Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A N2O question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonester

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: A N2O question Reply with quote

I was just wandering what a 75 shot of n2o should feel like? Because it didn't seem to imprissive to me, and i am wandering if it isn't working right? thanx

-Tony
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably won't 'feel' much. It is not like the fast and the furious where time stands still and everyone else seems to be in slow motion and you won't enter ludicrous speed (gratuitous spaceballs reference Wink). It will just give you 75 more horsepower. Are you going to dyno?

Umm, couple other things... do you have a bottle heater? if the bottle is cold you won't have optimal pressure and won't be quite as strong. For reference, when I ran the 150 shot on the L98 you could definately tell that there was more power but again, not like you are going to do a 100 yard wheel stand or something when you hit it. Now I have more power N/A than I did with the 150 shot on the L98. Shafiroff engineering referred to my 150 shot as a 'play shot' hehehehe. Different world.

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" It's Spaceball 1, they've gone to plaid."

Rock on!
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing i love that movie. i just watched it the other day at work.
Tonester

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have a bottle warmer, and many of my test runs have been at night so mabye that is part of the problem. I also have 100 shot jets mabye i should just put them in and see if that satifies me. I know if i will be going to the dyno gathering.

-Tony
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you won't really notice a huge feel diffrence, there is just more power there, Paul and I were rather un-impressed when we tested my car for the first time. But it did go fast Very Happy, we were both expecting it to really throw us back in the seat, it just doesn't work like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that everything else is up to task with your car or you wouldn't be running the n2o. There could be some problems. Can you tell if it is doing anything at all? I think jetting it for 100hp would be a good comparison for you... again, no pushing you back in your seat, just a little more power. It would be nice if you had a gtech or something that you could use to compare performance n/a against performance with the n2o.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ET phone hoME

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does it cost to get setup with a 150 shot of nos and is it a dealwhere you fill the tanks every time you hit it? how much is it to fill a tank? also if you hit it does it just go till its done or can you interupt it to slow down if you need to? how much speed / hp will it add while in the process of careening you down the road? this sounds like fun!
Tonester

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can feel it working, it is just not what i expected. it seems to be doing a little better today then yesterday, and tomarrow i am going the put the 100 shot jets in. one thing that helped is the vacume advance cut off i rigged up. i got a selinoid opperated valve and put it between the carb and dist. Then i wired it to the switch for the n20, it affectivly retards my timing to help with detination. Also detination only occurs at low rpms, is this normal? And my dad and i are planing to make a small fuel tank with an electric fuel pump for the fuel jet on the n20 plate, and use racing fuel. Do you think this will help?

-Tony
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to make sure you are not detinating on the nitrous, with the increased cyl. pressure, detination on nitrous will kill the engine quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
you need to make sure you are not detinating on the nitrous, with the increased cyl. pressure, detination on nitrous will kill the engine quickly.
or supercharged applications Crying or Very sad

dont ask me how i know.

btw dewey...do you know the recomended A/F ration with N20?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would think it would be similar to a blown or turbo application, I think you should shoot for the low 12 range.

a little leaner (more like a NA engine) would probably be ok, but i wouls assume that it would like a AFR closer to what the fast turbo and SC guys run.

I'm no expert, maybe check the NOS and NX websites, they may say something about it.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want a hair richer if anything than N/A. Some N/A cars can make best power between 12.8-13.2 research says as does Steve Haino. But you definately want richer for any kind of forced/cheating power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: