Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something in January....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Something in January.... Reply with quote

It has been quite some time since we have done a major gathering....

anyone up for something in January. Since we are holding off on the dyno, until spring time. I am sure we could still find something to do.

Anyway, feel free to toss any idea's you may have out.

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could all meet up at my house and fix my car? Laughing

-JK

I would be up for something as long as it goes with my work schedule wich is always changing.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is wrong with your car?

EDIT: Oops... just saw your other post in the garage. No need to hijack this thread but I tried Wink

I'm up for something in January. This sucks a little bit because normally we are all full of crap (i.e. getting ready for the dyno). The change has created a bit of a vacuum in our schedule. Rodney better be damn impressive when we dyno Very Happy .

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schultzy89GTA wrote:

Rodney better be damn impressive when we dyno Very Happy .

-Schultzy

YEAH! I can't wait to wear the new bomb squad suit santa is bringing me for Christmas!
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
Schultzy89GTA wrote:

Rodney better be damn impressive when we dyno Very Happy .

-Schultzy

YEAH! I can't wait to wear the new bomb squad suit santa is bringing me for Christmas!

LMAO at you two. Laughing

As long as I have plenty of help pushing the car on and off the dyno. Thumbs up

Plus I hope to see what the Boosted Ford has on the dyno too. If nothing else it should sound sweet with the open exhaust. Get down and Boogie!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrmm... January...

Super Bowl party?

Too bad it is on a Sunday though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:
Super Bowl party? Too bad it is on a Sunday though.
Umm, yeah... they should fix that! Rolling Eyes Smack! Razz
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for anything. Just need some noticed because I have no set days off.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90RSrocks wrote:
Midnight Sun wrote:

Dear NFL Commisioner. A bunch of thirdgen owners want to have a party for the superbowl but do not want to work with hangovers the next day, or forgo having a good time because we need to drive home Sunday night. Please reschedule the super bowl because we own camaros and trans ams which also means we own shotguns and bowie knives.

Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:
90RSrocks wrote:
Midnight Sun wrote:

Dear NFL Commisioner. A bunch of thirdgen owners want to have a party for the superbowl but do not want to work with hangovers the next day, or forgo having a good time because we need to drive home Sunday night. Please reschedule the super bowl because we own camaros and trans ams which also means we own shotguns and bowie knives.
Laughing so hard it hurts
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with stupid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello to ya all. new here. currently rebuilding a 83 bird and am always looking for someone to get pointers and general help with the rebuild. Herd about this forum through thirdgen.org

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kevin!

Tell us a bit more about you and the car. Post up some pictures if you have any.

-Schultzy
kjprince

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here's the skinny on my bird, input is greatly appreciated:

1983 Firebird w/L4 engine and T5 tranny, I got her about 4 and a half years ago thought it was a runner got about 90% home when tranny grinded (and i do mean grinded) to a halt and had to tow the rest of the way. since then i have been able to get alot done to her because of not enough green. What i have done is replaced shocks and struts with KYP Gas ajust and all springs with hotchkis 1.5 drop springs.

Mainly i have been building a 305 from bare block all by my lonesome for her so i can get rid of that 4 cyl. why a 305? well got the the short block for real cheap (256 mb stick of ram swap with a friend for it, only $56 at the time) and also wanted to make sure of DEQ passing and didnt want TOO much of a gas chuger with gas prices right now. Got the bottom half of the engine done and hope to have the rest done by end of year unless i fine a fast way to make some money fast lol.

I am planing on going with twin pipes, PST front suspention replacement, change out the rear end with something that will drive wll all around and will handle the bigger engine ( got a 7.5 in rear with I think 3.47 ratio). I am also going to replace the interier with med gray ( is tan right now) and same with the seats. Depending on cost i want to spray her jet black but gonna keep her looking pretty much stock. I am planing on replacing the T5 with either a TH350 or if i can find one cheap a 700R4.

I have never done this kind of rebuild befor, have some limited work with and Uncle on OLDER cars ( 30's and 40's) and the work i have done on my 65 C 10 to get it running ( but thats another story lol) If you want to see some pics on what i have done with the engine and the shredding of the old tranny you can look at the engine page for the firebird at http://www.geocities.com/kevjprince/

If anybody is bord and would like to be there to help (either online or turning a wrench) I would never turn down help and will help others just to be able to learn anything i can. Deep breath.............

email me for any questions or ,more then likely, suggetions.

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool, with the Iron Duke and a 5 spd you should have either a 3.42 or 3.73 rear end. And it is as strong as the V8 because they are all the same in these cars. Do you have heads for your 305? I have a couple sets of the 416's and would prolly sell them pretty cheap. Smile
kjprince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the offer on the heads but i got some HO head from the shop that i had the work done on the engine. traded my old heads that would have need sleaves to rebuild and about $100.
questions about the rear end though......so are all the 7.5's the same whether the car was a 4, 6 or 8? was it just a different gear set up then? I am wondering because this 305 will be pushing about 300HP and i dont want anything to snap back there. I was planing on putting a limmited slip or some kind of posi if i found one for cheap. I was thinking if nothing else going with a 3.73.

83 Firebird
04 Aztek
65 C 10
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not enough green, 305, and 300 horsepower ... which one doesnt fit here Smile

Actually, I think it's cool that you're killing off an Iron Duke... they were shameful lol.

I was going to offer you some smogger heads that need cleaned up, but looks like you have heads already lol. I dont have an extra intake though, sorry. Welcome to the club btw Smile
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjprince wrote:
so are all the 7.5's the same whether the car was a 4, 6 or 8? was it just a different gear set up then?
there were 4 different rearends in the turdgens...

7.5 10 bolt with 26 spline axles {sucks and swallows}
7.5 10 bolt with 28 spline axles {sucks}
aussie 9 bolt {also not too bad for strength,still weak}
and dana 44 {not too bad,but rare as hell,only in the 91-92 firehawks.}

really no matter what you do...they are ticking timebombs,imho there not worth building up,granted you can make one hold together with some aftmkt internals,but if you plan on running one hard,or with slicks,save your pennies and buy a bolt in replacement 12 bolt,or 9 inch. or if you know someone,or you yourself is good at fabrication find an old 12 bolt,or 9 inch and transfer the brackets from the 3rd gen rear over to the 12 bolt or 9 "

thus far ive blown up, Dana60,Dana44,8.5 10 bolt, 4 7.5 10 bolts,and a chrysler 9.25 Laughing im a little throttle happy though...aint that right lama?

the ram aka "sandblaster"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: