Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing hood

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Removing hood Reply with quote

So this is possibly the most retarded question I've ever asked, so I'm sorry ahead of time. I'm about ready to yank the engine, but all that's holding me back is the hood. I looked at where the hinges hook up, and I dont see an easy way to remove them from the top bracket.

I've taken off many hoods in auto body class that i'm taking at the moment, but there's no bolts, or rivets in the hinges that I can see on the top bracket, and I've seen pictures of the cars after having their hoods yanked, and the hinge is still there...

so... how do y'all do it? lol
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get someone to hold the front of the hood while it's open. There should be four or so bolts going through the top of the bracket into the hood. 10 or 12mm.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
Get someone to hold the front of the hood while it's open. There should be four or so bolts going through the top of the bracket into the hood. 10 or 12mm.

Unbolt the hood with the hinge attached. 3 bolts on each hinge bolt it to the fender area. Two people, piece of cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: