Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's the bee... err snow?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Where's the bee... err snow? Reply with quote

Dear Qwky,

Why is it that last year when my big 4x4 is broken down it snows to beat the band (forcing me to drive my thirdgen), yet this year when I have a good running 4x4 there is no snow to be found and it is relatively warm and dry?

Where's the snow?

Signed,

Warm and Dry

P.S. I am aware of the irony of asking a person in Illinois about snow. I am assuming that living in the Midwest would make you an expert on such things.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Warm and Dry,

Many people might jump to conclusions and think they can answer your question with scientific data and complex weather simulation models. But that has nothing to do at all with the real cause. The problem is that you want it too much. It can't happen when you want it too much.

It's kind of like when you want a clean car so you spend all day washing and waxing until you can see a gnat fly by in the reflection, and then dust blows and rain falls within the hour. You wanted sunny weather but you got rain.

Or maybe it's more like how RSFreak drives a Ford Taurus as a "reliable" daily driver, but it's a total piece of crap. (gee... who would have guessed that?)

Or I guess it could be like how Dewey keeps organizing dyno events but his car always breaks down. (That is kind of ironic when you think about it.)

Maybe a better analogy is when DBL_TKE put new wheels on his car and one fell off the car and then somebody stole it from the side of the road before he could pick it up.

How about when Xophertony tries to flirt with the women? We all the know outcome of those efforts.

Ah, I finally thought of a really easy to understand example..... How about every year when QwkTrip thinks that he will drive his car, but he'll end up buying curtains for the house instead. Yep, that's pathetic.

I guess you should get the point by now. So the next time you really want it to snow then you have to go break your 4x4 so that it is impossible to drive the next day. Have fun fixing your 4x4 in the snow.

QwkBert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about all this business, but, if my ski season ends early... I am blaming it solely on you and your working 4x4 Mr. Warm and Dry.

Still hanging around,
The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: