Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The beginnings...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: The beginnings... Reply with quote

I have been here like...a year and half or something and just now do I really feel like I am fitting in, but I wonder....

In the time before I came... (I know this crew never felt complete for you guys untill I came around Very Happy ). When did the crew officially start? Or was it even official? Who started it... Who were the original guys... etc.

I dunno... It would just be nice for (and we got a lot of newbs as of late) to be filled on the humble beginnings and some history of the Cascade Crew.

Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The beginnings... Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:

I dunno... It would just be nice for (and we got a lot of newbs as of late) to be filled on the humble beginnings and some history of the Cascade Crew.

That story is along long one, complete with lots of Bashy Bashy I think some of the original meets date back to 99...
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:coughStartswithan"A"cough:
Very Happy

I do believe Jess was one of the charter members of the Cascade Crew, and I'm sure Aaron wasn't too far behind. I came in around late '99 / early 2000 if I recall correctly, on the old site...

STILL have some of the lowest post counts too! Dammit! Laughing

Oh well, I have arranged a few meets, and participated in whatever I could, alas, still no PWC or dyno meets. Sad

But, I still like belonging here! Tis fun!

BTW, Jess, did you ever find any of the red stickers for "The Little Poncho That Could"? Laughing
(still gotta get a name for her!! She likes racing/beating Hondas!!)

Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess, lance, bad dawg, aaron, are some of the original. I came along along mid 00.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, me, me! Yup, I was an original Crewbie! It started on thirdgen.org, before Dirk got rid of the non-tech forums. Then everybody started posting on the CC board at 3rdgen.org (the site that was started by the guys that were pissed that TGO got rid of the non-tech boards). We had more posts then any other board there, tech or otherwise! Then I think Jess (and Joe?) decided to create a site just for the Crew. Something like that anyway. Funny how no one ever posts on the CC board at TGO and I think the CC board on 3GO is gone now. I still post there occasionally just so Dirk won't get rid of it completely. Wink

EDIT: Oh yeah, back then I posted as Z28Freak. Cool

Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came along april/mayish of '01 and have beat Mike ever since. Laughing
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind of went like this:

Doug, Summer, Ian, John, Lance and a few others in 99

Myself and Jess came around right about the same time a few months after the original gathering (I think), Dewey followed me over, then we had some Canadians show up as well... and all hell broke loose after that Surprised

Jess and Doug had the original idea for the CC site,

First official gathering?
I think it really was just Doug (in his camaro), Summer (in her 82 z), Lance (in Blue), John (RSFreak in his maroon thingy? ), and someone in a berly.

not 100% sure if that was john in the maroon or not though.

But I've got a photo from 8:26:00 that has 14 people in it

Cathy I suppose was an original as well...

When I came around our group was Summer, Cathy, Doug, Joe, Lance, John, Dawg, Stephanie, Ian and a few sporadic people.

our group grew to inclue Joe's sister, Dewey (who followed me from camaro.com Very Happy ), QwkTrip, Paulie (Poncho) , Brandon, John (originally 84fbody if i recall correctly, the vancouver john), Andrew, Rich, Shawn, Don, and a few other canadians. Eventually Rodney and Schultzy came along, and the "other" mike as well, mark (barnes), etc etc ...

I know I'm missing a bit, but there has been quite a few people in and out of here...

There was an original guy who had an 83 Z28 and an 84 Birdy that were both L69 up around Bremerton .... who I believe was the original wolf in our crew ...

it's been a hell of a trip either way.... lots of people gone for various reasons, some who've come back then disappeared again, others who were run off or whatever... lots of splits and friendships broken up due to a lot of different things throughout the years....

lots has changed as well... i won't go into it but some is for the better, some is for the worse, but we've all had our differences in opinion and that won't really change...

but we're all here anyway, even if some of us no longer own a 3rdgen, or live in the PNW anymore Surprised

though to be honest i guess a lot of others who've sold off their thirdgens nolonger really post here (Cathy and Summer being two that first come to mind) ...

now i've been looking through pictures of what and who the old crew were... odd trip down memory lane.

Soon to be less than stock
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon wrote:

Nope, that was someone elses thingy you saw! Very Happy My first Crew gathering was the SIR Test & Tune with Jess, Doug, Don, Craig, Brad, Me, & some of Jess or Doug's friends. I'm pretty sure we had 3 'Birds and 3 'Maros there. That and the Tacoma mini-gathering when Dewey came up to see his girl at PLU are the only ones I've made. Ian and I did hook up with Lance at the PNWCC show in Bellevue one year also, does that count? Cool

Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSFreak wrote:
Demon wrote:

Nope, that was someone elses thingy you saw! Very Happy My first Crew gathering was the SIR Test & Tune with Jess, Doug, Don, Craig, Brad, Me, & some of Jess or Doug's friends. I'm pretty sure we had 3 'Birds and 3 'Maros there. That and the Tacoma mini-gathering when Dewey came up to see his girl at PLU are the only ones I've made. Ian and I did hook up with Lance at the PNWCC show in Bellevue one year also, does that count? Cool
I have the pic of you lance and ian at that show :rofl:

don't remember who the hell had the maroon car then ... or the berly. one of them was fairly tall though i think ... dunno. the PLU gathering was interesting... (especially after you left, for some reason)

lemme upload the pics I've got from before I joined or right around the time I joined ...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance and his west coast gathering... haha.

few of the gathering just before I really did much with CC

picture john was talking about

picture that i was talking about with that maroon one and the berly...

edit ~ was the second time I hung out with Summer, we met Doug at the Pull A Part in Lynnwood ... that was fun

the yard attendant sure was pissed though Surprised

Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god! BLUE GOT SNOWED!

That's a cool picture though. Never met most of those people, was going to meet Summer with Johnny IROC and some Candians but she never showed. Lance had hair too.... weird.
JohnnyIROC-Z

1995 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, I was one of the original members as well. Was known as 84Fbody. Im in the second picture, third picture and fourth picture, I'm behind bad dawg and to his right (the pictures left) with glasses and the black goatee, behind a running doug next to i can't remember who's TA with my hands on my hips like a freak, and behind lance in the 4th one also being a freak. Joe and I have probably been around one of the longest times along with Lance and Dawg and a few others
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Damn Aaron. That picture is oooold. I remember that show. Was real nice and sunny.

I've never been to an official gathering. My schedule ALWAYS conflicts. Would like to start meeting up with some of you guys. I've just been to the "girlfriend-at-PLU/eating-at-denny's-across-from-the-strip-club" and the all camaro show pictured up there.

But I did come up with the crew logo! Very Happy Not that that matters any.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
Holy Damn Aaron. That picture is oooold. I remember that show. Was real nice and sunny.

I've never been to an official gathering. My schedule ALWAYS conflicts. Would like to start meeting up with some of you guys. I've just been to the "girlfriend-at-PLU/eating-at-denny's-across-from-the-strip-club" and the all camaro show pictured up there.

But I did come up with the crew logo! Very Happy Not that that matters any.

Strip club??????

Sounds like my kind of gathering. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen to me.

Do we have any members under 18?

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Sun wrote:

Well the Denny's is where we all met. The club just happened to be across the street. I think I might've been 17 or had just turned 18. Right after the diner my buddy and I drove straight south towards cali. Oddly enough saw Roshambo(joe) on the way and saw his 4thgen right after he bought it and before he got rid of the maui blue ta (god that car was f***ing gorgeous; anyone have the pictures of it in his yard with the dandilions?)
laegion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
Midnight Sun wrote:

Well the Denny's is where we all met. The club just happened to be across the street. I think I might've been 17 or had just turned 18. Right after the diner my buddy and I drove straight south towards cali. Oddly enough saw Roshambo(joe) on the way and saw his 4thgen right after he bought it and before he got rid of the maui blue ta (god that car was f***ing gorgeous; anyone have the pictures of it in his yard with the dandilions?)

i don't have that picture but I do have these

iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a drool smiley.
Flyte risk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:

Strip club??????

Jen would whoop you worse then Paul will at the next track day.

And just to set the record straight, just as red and white beat you to the end of the 1/4 I was here before you.
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyte risk wrote:
rjmcgee wrote:

Strip club??????

Jen would whoop you worse then Paul will at the next track day.

And just to set the record straight, just as red and white beat you to the end of the 1/4 I was here before you.
the only reason Jen would whoop rodney would be if he didn't take her along to the strip club Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: