Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radial Snow Tires mounted on rims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn91L98GTA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Radial Snow Tires mounted on rims Reply with quote

I have a set of 225x15x60 Radial Snow Tires (Cooper WinterMaster) mounted on a set of 2nd Gen T/A 15x7 wheels. The wheels are grey in color and have all the beauty rims and center caps.

I only used the tires one season when I first moved to Kamloops and have less than 5,000 kms on it. The backs (which are marked when I took them off) are almost as good as the front.

I only used them one season because I couldn't bear to drive the Firebird in the snow. It was my one and only time. I bought a beater car the next year which was cheaper than the snow tires. With these tires and a hundred pounds in the back, I was able to drive anywhere in the snow and even spent New Years in the Rockie Mountains at Radium Hot Springs.

I freaked out more than one Honda who couldn't believe that a Firebird could actually drive so well in the snow....but they are Honda drivers...so what do you expect.

If you want REAL snow tires that will go ANYWHERE, these are the tires for you. If you come to Kamloops, I will even install them for you (and tweak your eprom). Or, I will take them down to the Coast (Abbotsford) if you prefer (but I won't install them as I won't have my air tools).

$250 US or $300 CDN for all four.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is kamloops? Very Happy

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Glenn91L98GTA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamloops is in the Interior of BC. You drive from Vancover BC to Hope BC, and then up either the Coquihalla Hwy (shortest route, but its a toll hwy and can get snow this time of year....best to take it AFTER you get the snow tires installed).

The other route is up the Fraser Canyon. It's more scenic, usually clear (except in the middle of winter it may have icy spots) and there are no tolls. It takes 1 hour longer than the "Coq".

To give an idea of travel times. Vancouver to Hope is about 1.5 hours (on a weekend). Hope to Kamloops (via the Coq) is 2.5 hours. Hope to Kamloops via the Fraser Canyon is 3.5 hours. If you needed a place to crash, you can stay at our home. It woudl give us some time to try "tweaking" your eprom also.

Alternatively, I could take the tires to Abbotsford (or maybe Richmond), I have friends and family down there where I could meet you. But I wouldn't be able to install them as I wouldn't have my air tools. I'm old, so I only use air tools now...it's the only way to work on a car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: