Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hillsboro airshow.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: hillsboro airshow. Reply with quote

I'm going to the air show in Hillsboro OR this summer and was wondering if any one else was even tentatively interested in going. The dates are August 28, 29, and 30th. I am thinking the 29 cause it be Saturday. If I end up going alone I will probably just end up getting general admission tix for myself. If others are interested I will consider getting reserved seats or even possibly box seats.
If you've never seen the USAF Thunderbirds live its a really cool display of precision flying. These guys are awesome.
Any way August is way off yet but thought I might plant that seed early and see if anyone is interested.
mc6811

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at my schedule it just might be possible. remind a month before just in case.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: hillsboro airshow. Reply with quote

Air shows are fun. I might like to try and make this, I've heard it's quite a show. We'll see when it gets closer Wink

flea wrote:
If you've never seen the USAF Thunderbirds live its a really cool display of precision flying. These guys are awesome.

These guys have nothing on the Navy Blue Angels who perform every summer at the Seattle SeaFair Very Happy JK

flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the blues are a lot better, and no kidding about it. But they are going to be in Fargo ND that weekend lol.

I saw them once at seafair but it just wasn't the same as the show they can put on at an airport, and they won't be in the PNW this year at all. Well except seafair, and I wont go back to that zoo just for them again. I used to see tham at NAS Miramar. That should date how long ago its been Wink

I honestly don't know why they don't put on a show at McChord or Ft Lewis but they don't
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used to come to the Hillsboro Airshow, back in the day. I always watch the airshow since it's right in my backyard, but I've never paid for tickets. I always sneak in somewhere where they've blocked off the streets and find a nice open field with a view of the airport.
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBL_TKE has the right idea. my dad lives less than a mile from show center. CHEAP seats. the Blue angels are awesome.

I ran into an army reservist named Dewey there last time. Smile
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xophertony wrote:

I ran into an army reservist named Dewey there last time. Smile

Except he is neither army nor reservist. He is a full-time active duty officer in the Air Force. Wink

I won't be able to make the show. I have to work. My little bro won't be there either. He is stationed at Laughlin AFB in TX this summer.

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: