Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

confused about the 'puter

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: confused about the 'puter Reply with quote

Dear lama,

admittedly the female anatomy confuses me, but this is not what the post is about.

I seem to have some trouble with understanding anything beyond basic functions of my computer. when I call up "properties" on certain programs, my head just spins. I have no idea where to begin, or what to do, or how to make effective changes to programs.

Would a community college class about basic Windows/Linux troubleshooting do me some good? I know you're a computer guru, so I just would like to hear what you have to say on the topic.

or should I just beat my skull against a blunt rock?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Confused.

Point #1, I concure.

As to the computer issues. Head-to-rock might just be the quickest option. If you really feel that overwhelmed, community college can might just be the place for you. Many retired women are taking basic computer classes, trying to find answers to those ridiculously complex computing issues--like where is the "Any" key, or why the computer doesn't do anything when you give the mouse cheese. A basic computer course may just answer a few of those lingering questions. Besides, with all of the "seasoned" ladies attending the class with you, you may just get lucky, and get some help with answer to problem #1.

Not Feeling so witty tonight,
The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: