Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Help!!! Reply with quote

Dear Lama,

I'm snowed in!!! This really sucks. I'm bored to tears. Can't even work on my "Maro" Crying or Very sad

What's a crewbie to do???

Signed
Frustrated

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Frustrated.

For the unprepared, a snow storm can mean a couple of very bored, cold, or hungry days. As a crewbie, I would hope that you do not fall into that uprepared catagory, so we won't go over the basics of having food, or how to how to wax coat your cat's scratching post to use as a great big candle to keep warm. I can instead offer up a few good activities to engage in when the snowy goodness starts to fall.

1) Be a good samaritan. There will be many a bar maid, who is sadly going to be stuck at work at your local bar with no way home. You would not want these poor young ladies to suffer through "OMG, winter stormz 09 of the apocalypse" alone. Bring some money, drink beer for 11 hours, and be a hero!

2) Do your part. If you are bored at home, chances are there are other crewbies bored at home. Find a youtube video, or a craigslist ad for a 1973 vega, and post that bad-boy. This will keep you from going over the edge, and also help to keep your fellow crewbies from ending up in a small padded room due to the insanity of cabin fever.

3) Suck it up. We have awarded certain nicknames based on ones ability to overcome natures fury. So, bundle up in the flanel, put on your "ultimate tool" t-shirt, and go change that transmission in the snow. Not only will you finaly have a running car, but you might even get a snazy user title due to your willingness to take nature by the horns and tame that wild beast.

I hope with these suggestions, the next time we are carpeted with snow, you will not end up sitting at home trying to figure out what to do. And for the love of God, you won't be posting on the internet asking for ideas of what to do.

Keeping warm,
The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: