Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My experience with AMERICAN COATINGS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: My experience with AMERICAN COATINGS Reply with quote

I was looking for a set of coated headers back in February of this year. I stumbled upon the advertisement for ACS. I called them and spoke with Jimi. Jimi was a pleasure to deal with! HE too is a third gen owner and a really personable guy! So I purchased my headman headers from him. A month later, I received them and I got the O port headers, however, I had D ports. So, I sent the headers back…ON MY DIME! Costed me 45 bucks! Then, I waited another 5 weeks for my new headers! They came, looked beautiful, and were the correct ports. I went to install the headers and the bolt holes that held the header to the head were off 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch one way or the other and the header flange was hitting the frame of the car! I was PISSED!

I called and spoke with Jimi, told him of the problem. He told me to send them back…again. So I paid ANOTHER 45 bucks to have them shipped back to ACS. NO by this time, my car was down since February. I was forced to purchase a second vehicle (actually a third including my wife’s car) in order to commute to work. The added cost of the beater truck, insurance etc… was a major inconvenience! But Jimi’s attitude and cooperation in regards to customer service, I was not too put off by the hassle…….at least at this time. Jimi had suggested me going with the Edlebrock TES headers, so I did. I finally received them in June! It took another 6 weeks to get the third set of headers! When I received them, I was in a rush to get them on because my car had been down for so long.(FEB- mid JUNE). I was in the running to get a new job with medic one and had to have all my business done prior to the start of the program! I put the headers on, but noticed some dimpling of the coating of the tops of the primary tubes. I also noticed that the shine was a dull Grey. I was told to simply rub some mothers polish on the tubes and they would shine right up. The collector looked nice, but the primary tubes looked a dull Grey. I did not think too much about the dull color or dimpling at the time. So I put the headers on as directed by ACS. One month later, I noticed the no. 2 primary tube looked like it was flaking…. Hence the pic! pg 3

I called and spoke with Jimi, he said he would take care of the problem. I called a week later and for some reason, they hired a secretary. And from that point forward, I could never seem to reach either David or Jimi! And the secretary told me that they would pay for the shipping of the headers back to ACS this time and send me a new pair of PROPERLY COATED HEADERS. I was told it would take another 3 weeks or so…….OR SO!
I had told the secretary that now; time was of the essence! You see, I started the medic one program August 10th. The month of August was just riding on the medic units, but none the less, the start of a very intensive year of medical studies! Come September, I would be running off of caffeine and 2hrs sleep every 24-48hrs! SO you can see, I needed to get these headers on my car prior to the start of my very busy year!

Three weeks goes by, it’s sometime in mid July. NO HEADERS!!! I call back and speak to the secretary. She says that the owner said that sending me the Fourth set of header is not FEASABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FEASABLE?????????????? Wait, I spend 400 bucks with your company, had to purchase a third vehicle waiting on ACS!!! And then, the third sent headers flakes within a month! The headers came to me in QUESTIONABLE QUALITY! And they have the balls to say sending me a 4th set is not feasible! OMFG! After I go off on the secretary, I tell her to have the owner contact me. Never does! I call back the following week, the secretary says that the owner said he would replace my headers. I was supposed to get these headers in the beginning of August! August 3rd comes; I call and ask about my headers weekly. I can definitely tell I’m getting the run a round! Enough is enough! My 4th set of headers was supposed to be shipped by the first week of august, it's now the middle of september! I am in one of the most difficulty medic schools in the country! Busting my ass with little sleep and now I have to PAY SOMEONE TO PUT MY HEADERS ON MY CAR! Now if ACS had sent me the headers as promised, I would not be in this situation! great customer service!

All I can say is actions speak louder than words………….I am now protesting the charge of these headers with my visa and gave ACS every opportunity to work with me in this situation. As I said in the beginning, I will get this problem resolved one way or the other!
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that I can say is.... wow Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raiden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support bro! I'll keep ya posted! Hope my visa is gonna help me put an arse whoppin on ACS!
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you notice that the other guy who posted on the TGO thead that had problems worked for Visa, it might be worth a PM to him. but I would think they would take care of something like that, that is just not right to tell someone, that after they messed up 3 times, making it right is "not feasable"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alloy
T56 Elitist

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this makes me glad john and I went with Jet Het for our coated headers.
92RS shearn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet hot is the best Thumbs up

I ordered a set of hooker shoties from them. They came in a couple weeks, bit one of them had a very small knick of coating missing. So I called them up and they OVERNIGHTED a prepaid UPS form so they would cover the shipping back. They resent it back out in another week or so hand have had no problems since, though there is a lil rust starting to form so I think I will send it back to them to recoat them this winter (if I am around).
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience. Although you had to deal with a bunch of BS hopefully your input will help other potential buyers make a more smooth transaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: