Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desperate

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Desperate Reply with quote

Dear Lama,

My wife (I know your never had a wife.......but anyway) told me she wanted a certain thing for christmas. Cool...........off the hook trying to chose a gift for her for another year, or so I thought. I go online, find it cheaper that she told me it was, then two days later one she ordered was sitting on my front porch delivered by the man in brown from kohl's.

I hate trying to find gifts for my wife and I was all set for this year until she did this to me. What am I to do now? It's not like I can get her a great gift like a set of roller rockers, she just wouldn't understand how totally cool a set of those would be.

Signed
desperate husband

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Desperate,

This department sure is not my expertise. I have been known to give some pretty horrible gifts to significant others of mine. I once gave what I thought was the "perfrect" Christmas gift. It was usefull, thoughtful, and included a lot of my time, not just a matter of money. I thought long and hard about what the perfect gift was, and figured that a very nice pair of Bilstein shocks for the lady's car would be it! That plan did not work out so well, as I had to buy the shocks, and install them. And also spend the day after christmas shopping at the Jewelry store for gift #2.

So, the key to making it easy is this. Forget about anything you might think is a great gift. Us guys have zero idea how to give proper christmas gifts. The key is to find something small, shiney, and way overpriced, that serves no practical purpose. Think of the absolutly last thing that you would want, and that is probably what the special lady in your life will really appriciate to receive on Christmas morning.

Slowly figuring out why I am still single,
--The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: